Looking for case with solid screen protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Jmantiki2721, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Jmantiki2721

Jmantiki2721 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I'm looking for a good case with hard screen protector for my 64gb. I know the OB defender is amazing for iPhones yet it is not out yet for ipad. I saw the ivy skins with their touch-thru glass protector but I don't know if it is any good. Also does anyone else know of any other good options or have good experiences? Thanks!
  2. pik0

pik0 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My wife and I both use the Zagg Invisishield for our iPads and iPhones. It's been the best screen protector that we've tried (and that's an oddly long list).

Piko
  3. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    After waiting in vain for the Otterbox defender, I've settled for the Hard Candy StreetSkin. It should be delivered by Tuesday and I'll report later once it's installed.
  4. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The Street Skin was delivered yesterday via USPS. Fits snugly, installs easily and has well-positioned ports. Attaching the faceplate is positive via four posts, one at each corner. The faceplate can be attached to the back while the iPad is in use. If I wish, I can still keep the iPad in my CrazyOnDigital folio case with the StreetSkin installed. Although I don't think that this case will protect my iPad from a shoulder-high fall to hard pavement, I think that it will be more than adequate to cushion against bumps and 'soft' falls.
  5. Jmantiki2721

Jmantiki2721 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hmm it looks solid enough... do you think i would also need to put a screen shield on also to protect it from random scratches or mishaps while in use?
  6. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0

Personally I'm not a fan of screen protectors but many here swear by the Zagg product. I don't think that I would scratch the screen while using it and the clip-on faceplate looks to be fine for protection in transit.
  7. gekkota

gekkota iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I read in another forum that using the faceplate with a screen protector can cause a pattern of square indentations in the screen protector (from the pattern of the faceplate.)

The poster couldn't figure out why his iPad screen had the markings--he even posted photos of the odd effect. He finally figured out it was the pressure of the faceplate.

Just fyi...
  8. Apple4lif333

Apple4lif333 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Get the one i got

I got one form Stealthguards and it is worth every penny. I didnt want to pay 40+ for th invisishield after reading some bad reviews. I got this one from there site and it cost like 20 dollars.

It is way better than the invivible shield and it was cheaper. I cant believe people would pay so much just for top names when there are so many others out there which can be better.

www.stealthguards.com

[​IMG]