What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what I made for under $50!

OP
sajakea

sajakea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alanrocks said:
You can buy a ready made of for under $35, it has the bendy legs exactly like your design... Spiderpodium Tablet | Breffo ®

I like that design. However the benefits of a floor stand with a 360 swivel and arm extension makes it mobile with no need of surface space; cramped desk space, chair side, etc. Ever want to watch a movie lying on your back or just lying in the bed without worrying about your movements moving the ipad? You need a floor stand model.

Attachments

• image-1724664078.jpg
    image-1724664078.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 240
  • image-1170664595.jpg
    image-1170664595.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 245
  • image-445921742.jpg
    image-445921742.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 234
OP
sajakea

sajakea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's one for under $100. I'd definitely buy it. Great vid that shows the benefits of a floor model for an extra $50 over the tabletop models.

http://www.standzout.com/

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can buy a ready made of for under $35, it has the bendy legs exactly like your design... Spiderpodium Tablet | Breffo ®

I have two spider podium in phone size rather than tablet size. They are rather hard to adjust to the shape needed in my opinion. Too fiddle and not at all suitable for the types of uses one would employ the OP's design for.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's one for under $100. I'd definitely buy it. Great vid that shows the benefits of a floor model for an extra $50 over the tabletop models.

Standzfree, The Hands-Free iPad Stand by Standzout

With the 12-inch iPad extender this will get the iPad upto around 6ft. That is suitable for my needs. However, it looks as if you have to have your device naked. Not sure if I can use this, but thanks.

OP
sajakea

sajakea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
With the 12-inch iPad extender this will get the iPad upto around 6ft. That is suitable for my needs. However, it looks as if you have to have your device naked. Not sure if I can use this, but thanks.

great point. if you have a glove like protector on you iPad you won't want to have to remove that every time you use the stand. In that regard my design gets the leg up.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
great point. if you have a glove like protector on you iPad you won't want to have to remove that every time you use the stand. In that regard my design gets the leg up.

Plus the fun in building it....I really wanted to do that. I can easily buy a stand, if I find one that suits my needs.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I wrote to that company...they plan to have a new model out in late fall that will work with iPad in any case. I guess I will wait if nothing else shows up.

Most reactions

Latest posts