What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock problem

Carri3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi wondered if anyone come across this problem, my screen lock appears to have stopped working, when I slide it back and forth the volume icon appears both times once with a line through it assume means mute, has anyone seen this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have iOS 4.2.1 - they changed the function of the slide switch - it used to be 'orientation lock' - now it's 'mute', but in a 'funny' way - it mutes 'system' sounds - like 'new email' but not the music you're playing. This makes sense - hey, you don't want the 'new email jingle' to sound in your product presentation meeting!!

iOS 4.3 - available in the next few days - will fix this and you'll be able to choose whether you want that button to be a 'mute' or 'orientation' control.

Want to control the orientation under 4.2.1? (you knew I was going to ask that!!)

'Double press' the 'Home' button and then 'swipe' left and there's the lock control - they've hidden it away..

Have fun...

Enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

(on a train on the West Coast of Scotland - thanks to 3G)

OP
C

Carri3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,
Thank you so so much, I have just locked it, so glad I joined this forum! It's been driving me mad.

Most reactions

Latest posts