What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm Clock on app Icon??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone know where this little alarm clock comes from in the upper right of certain icons that appearon the bottom of the screen?
The icon just appears at the bottom with the alarm clock to indicate something or other.
Seen it on Titan TV, Flipboard and a few others.
How do I stop this from appearing??
Thanks, Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad is keeping track of the apps you use, and at which time of the day you use them, and will start predicting your habit.

The icon with the alarm clock is a reminder of what you’re usually doing at that time of the day, and it’s meant to help accessing the app more easily.

If you don’t need this feature, go to Settings - Siri and Search - Siri Suggestions, and disable Suggestions in Search and Suggestions in Look Up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve never seen this, but it sounds similar to Handoff, where a watch or iphone icon appears in the upper right corner of apps in the dock. The icon shows up when you have that app open on your watch or iPhone. Tapping it opens the app to the same content that is being viewed on the iphone/watch. Apps have to support the feature, of course.

More on the feature here: iPhone to iPad Handoff

B0560BAC-64DD-4606-B2C8-866E54073BD3.jpeg

PS: I didn’t even realize that Handoff worked with the watch until I started poking around, trying to figure out what was going with your iPad.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your iPad is keeping track of the apps you use, and at which time of the day you use them, and will start predicting your habit.

The icon with the alarm clock is a reminder of what you’re usually doing at that time of the day, and it’s meant to help accessing the app more easily.

If you don’t need this feature, go to Settings - Siri and Search - Siri Suggestions, and disable Suggestions in Search and Suggestions in Look Up.

Thanks JA,!!!
I went in and shut them off. Just don’t know how they got “on”. I’ve never been in that area....Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You‘re welcome.

It‘s possible that this happened with an iOS update.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks JA,!!!
I went in and shut them off. Just don’t know how they got “on”. I’ve never been in that area....Ken

Well,
Shut off all the suggested Siri options (found three) and I’m still getting the upper right alarm clock on the Titan TV app.
Did I miss something?
Thanks....Ken

Last edited:
OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello again all,
I followed the instructions below from a concerned poster but the problem is still occurring. Shut off anything Siri I could find as well as the below. Found a third one as well.
Apps keep popping up at the bottom of the screen once in a while with the alarm clock in the upper right corner and they cant be deleted unless you look at them. Thanks again.....Ken
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don’t need this feature, go to Settings - Siri and Search - Siri Suggestions, and disable Suggestions in Search and Suggestions in Look Up

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve moved your post to your first thread on this topic. It’ll be easier getting a solution when you keep the discussion to one thread only.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your homescreen, swipe until you get to your widgets on the Today screen. There should be an Edit button somewhere. Tap it.
Next to Siri App Suggestions, there should be a red minus sign. Select it to remove this from your widgets. Then tap Done.

Use the iPad for a while to see whether or not that helped.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score

On your homescreen, swipe until you get to your widgets on the Today screen. There should be an Edit button somewhere. Tap it.
Next to Siri App Suggestions, there should be a red minus sign. Select it to remove this from your widgets. Then tap Done.

Use the iPad for a while to see whether or not that helped.

Thanks again JA. Thing is, I don’t know what a “Today Screen” is?
I know how to get to that area where you swipe the upper right, with difficulty. There I saw an alarm clock and shut off all I could see but didn’t see “Siri App Suggestions” anywhere.
Will see what happens now.....Ken

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Today screen is at the far left. You swipe to the right until you don’t get any further. At the top, you’ll find Search, and below it there are the widgets you’re using.

What it actually looks like, depends on your settings. I can’t post a screenshot right now, sorry (security error when trying).

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks again JA. Thing is, I don’t know what a “Today Screen” is?
I know how to get to that area where you swipe the upper right, with difficulty. There I saw an alarm clock and shut off all I could see but didn’t see “Siri App Suggestions” anywhere.
Will see what happens now.....Ken

Well, no luck, app keeps popping up with the alarm clock in the upper right. One spot in the “swipe upper right” area says “no alarms”. Stumped!!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The “Swipe upper right” area sounds like the Notification screen. You can get to Today view from there as well:
D6D24D8F-53CD-49C6-A604-2FD59C33E1B0.jpeg

Swipe to the right to get there
0C621AE0-E937-47DE-9B53-9737FCAAC8A7.jpeg

8DD8AA4E-266A-467C-9A17-AD00D5F8C9ED.jpeg

Then you’ll get to a screen that might look like this:
31E8BEAC-619F-43FA-AE4A-AB4711FD7510.jpeg

Siri App Suggestions should be red, in your case. Tap the red Minus sign and remove these suggestions from your widgets.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks all......finallly stopped! Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts