Alarm Clock on app Icon??

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Kenworth, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Kenworth

Kenworth
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know where this little alarm clock comes from in the upper right of certain icons that appearon the bottom of the screen?
    The icon just appears at the bottom with the alarm clock to indicate something or other.
    Seen it on Titan TV, Flipboard and a few others.
    How do I stop this from appearing??
    Thanks, Ken

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your iPad is keeping track of the apps you use, and at which time of the day you use them, and will start predicting your habit.

The icon with the alarm clock is a reminder of what you’re usually doing at that time of the day, and it’s meant to help accessing the app more easily.

If you don’t need this feature, go to Settings - Siri and Search - Siri Suggestions, and disable Suggestions in Search and Suggestions in Look Up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I’ve never seen this, but it sounds similar to Handoff, where a watch or iphone icon appears in the upper right corner of apps in the dock. The icon shows up when you have that app open on your watch or iPhone. Tapping it opens the app to the same content that is being viewed on the iphone/watch. Apps have to support the feature, of course.

More on the feature here: iPhone to iPad Handoff

B0560BAC-64DD-4606-B2C8-866E54073BD3.jpeg

PS: I didn’t even realize that Handoff worked with the watch until I started poking around, trying to figure out what was going with your iPad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Kenworth

Kenworth
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks JA,!!!
    I went in and shut them off. Just don’t know how they got “on”. I’ve never been in that area....Ken

5. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You‘re welcome.

It‘s possible that this happened with an iOS update.

6. Kenworth

Kenworth
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well,
    Shut off all the suggested Siri options (found three) and I’m still getting the upper right alarm clock on the Titan TV app.
    Did I miss something?
    Thanks....Ken

#6 Kenworth, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Can you provide a screenshot?

Be sure there is no personal data showing before posting.

8. Kenworth

Kenworth
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hello again all,
    I followed the instructions below from a concerned poster but the problem is still occurring. Shut off anything Siri I could find as well as the below. Found a third one as well.
    Apps keep popping up at the bottom of the screen once in a while with the alarm clock in the upper right corner and they cant be deleted unless you look at them. Thanks again.....Ken
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your iPad is keeping track of the apps you use, and at which time of the day you use them, and will start predicting your habit.

The icon with the alarm clock is a reminder of what you’re usually doing at that time of the day, and it’s meant to help accessing the app more easily.

If you don’t need this feature, go to Settings - Siri and Search - Siri Suggestions, and disable Suggestions in Search and Suggestions in Look Up

9. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I’ve moved your post to your first thread on this topic. It’ll be easier getting a solution when you keep the discussion to one thread only.

10. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    On your homescreen, swipe until you get to your widgets on the Today screen. There should be an Edit button somewhere. Tap it.
    Next to Siri App Suggestions, there should be a red minus sign. Select it to remove this from your widgets. Then tap Done.

Use the iPad for a while to see whether or not that helped.