What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading i-tunes apps on "2" ipads ??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all....hope many are enjoying the IPAD-2!!!!

I sold my original IPAD a few months ago and will be getting two new IPAD-2's for my Wife and I. (If I can eventually find them).

WIll I be able to load my original I-Tune APPS on "both" new IPADs?

After that, will my Wife be able to set up her own I-Tunes account to continue to add her own APPS?

Thanks all...........This forum is a tremendous resource!! Ken in South Jersey.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, and yes.

Though whenever your wife wants to update or backup the stuff that she got on your account she will have to switch back to that account.

Or, you could just both stay on the same account. You can tweak sync settings for each iPad to only load the content you want. That way you'll never have to buy an app, music, or movie twice.

If you decide to go with a split account iPad, you're going to want to turn off auto-syncing and keep an eye on things. iTunes doesn't handle it all that well and could end up removing stuff from the iPad when you least expect it.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stopping Auto Sync

Thanks Twerppoet,

I remember with the IPAD 1, as soon as I plugged it into the PC it started to Sync..........How do you stop that from happening each time?? Ken

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Start iTunes on your PC. At the top of the screen, go to Edit then Preferences then Devices and you will see a screen like this where you check the box to prevent syncing.

itunes5.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts