What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little help please

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i need a bit of info about using my iPad I want to use it just like a pc

So how do you copy image URL like you do on a computer like right click and copy image URL ?

And is it the same to copy links etc thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you hold your finger down on the screen over the words/link, you should get a little pop-up with one of the words being select. Press on select and a portion of the link - or maybe all of it, it really depends - will be highlighted in light blue with a darker blue dot in the upper LH side and another in the lower RH side.

Press on and hold either of those two darker dots to get the light blue area over the words/link you want to copy. When you've got everything highlighted, the pop-up should appear, this time with an option to copy. You select copy and then it's on the clipboard for pasting elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks i sorted that with the links, but what I'm after now is like if your on your laptop and you go on google image and click on an image and the right click and copy image URL so you can post an image on a forum either through safari but not sure on mobile apps

Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks i sorted that with the links, but what I'm after now is like if your on your laptop and you go on google image and click on an image and the right click and copy image URL so you can post an image on a forum either through safari but not sure on mobile apps

Thanks for the reply

You'll need to get the iCab Mobile web browser app:

iCab Mobile (Web Browser) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Once you have a webpage open you can press and hold your finger on a photo and you'll get a pop-up with several choices including saving the picture to your photo album, saving the picture to your downloads, saving the picture to your clipboard or copying the picture's URL address (to your clipboard).

The app can do quite a bit more than that, but I believe that's what you're looking for?

Last edited:
OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad_splash.png

Test

Last edited:
OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help mate, see you around the forum I will be sticking around :) thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts