What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icab app

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I just got the Icab app yesterday and it's a good browser I think, it does what I want it to do at the moment like copy image URL etc but is there a way to make the browser a bit faster ?? And can I install add blocker the same way as a pc ?? And any other info on this app would be great

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ad blocker is no problem - go to settings and then look at or edit or add new filters.

A bit faster - in what way? Download speed? Rendering?

Tim

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, fast in browsing is what I mean it takes a little long when loading up web pages

And how do I set my own home page at the moment it's just a black white screen

Last edited:

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call it conspiracy or just excessive knowledge of the platform, but no browser moves faster than safari. Perfect Browser is close. Icab and atomic overcome that speed through options and freedom. That's the choice. Until you jailbreak and mod safari into the perfect beast.

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im jail broken and have safari but the main reason I chose Icab is that I can copy image urls

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok I just got the Icab app yesterday and it's a good browser I think, it does what I want it to do at the moment like copy image URL etc but is there a way to make the browser a bit faster ?? And can I install add blocker the same way as a pc ?? And any other info on this app would be great

Thanks

To set home page...navigate to desired homepage...open settings, cog wheel below google search field, general settings... scroll down to "content for new tab" and select homepage.

For faster browsing under settings>general settings and scroll down to "Disk Cache (MB)" and set to 100.

Im jail broken and have safari but the main reason I chose Icab is that I can copy image urls

You can copy URL in safari....just hold finger on pic and it will ask you if you want to save to photo app. But you definitely don't have all the choices you get from icab....when doing the same thing.
But the upload feature in icab doesn't work for most sites. With the safari upload enabler and download manager tweaks along with tab+ to open tabs in background...I've been using it more & more. But you still don't have all the choices of icab or atomic.

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks will check it out in few mins

What I do with the url is go to google image select image in full size hold down on the image and select copy URL and I can post it on forums by selecting the insert image icon and copy the URL there I'm sure I couldn't do that with safari ????

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts