What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Link iPad with LCD projector ?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one here aware of how to link iPad to LCD project , where can I buy the interface cable ?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on the unit you want. Some come with a cable, others work with the Apple cable.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the newer Casio because their bulbs last a hundred times longer, some of their models can be accessed by wifi and that you can use them with a simple USB key. Plus they're as small as a three ring binder. The one on my wish list is the Xj-A245U

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey that Casio projector looks sweet, I didn't even know Casio makes projectors, actually I thought Casio went out of biz, lol

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also use any iPod cable that supports video.
The picture may look bad really big as the iPad output resolution is really not great huge.

wbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Apple video adapter with my iPad and an LCD projector for astronomy presentations. The iPad's output is only 1024x768, but so is the projector I'm using so it's fine. Only a few programs actually support doing this though, so you'll need to check. It does work with Keynote, but I don't think even the photo viewer supports it (haven't actually checked). The adapter is only $30 at the Apple store.

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any one know why ipad when connect to projector why have so much problem ?

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it is because the device is not really designed for projector use. The lower resolution output can cause problems with some projectors. But with others it will work wonderfully well. You can purchase the Apple video cable or borrow one and take your Ipad with you to a store that has demo units of the projectors and then see which one will work with your device. You can test applications by hooking the cable to the input on your digital tv to see what programs will transmit out with the cable. In fact you may wish to do this first with a borrowed cable before shelling out the money. After all a projector is pretty pricey if you find out that the programs you want to use do not allow video output.

There are ways to get the Ipad to output all video through the Apple cable, but it involves some tricky maneuvers and will void your warranty with Apple, so I will not discuss that here.

cgvanand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can i use any ipod cable. or any thing in particular. nano or iphone. india we do not get ipad accessires. please help

Sachavandiest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys....I bought the VGA Adapter..it is true that not all application can go through the external monitor...but something strange happen, firstly I can show my Popular Science (popsci) eMagazine to the external monitor, but after I installed iDisplay to my iPad the PopSci would not go to the external monitor anymore although I have my iPad Hard Reset .. :( ..

the iDisplay also ruin my VGA arrangement in my MacBookPro, so I delete them..and my macbookpro returned normal but my iPad still cannot show the PopSci eMag to the external monitor anymore... :(

can someone help me?...

thank you so much in advance..

Schowalter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Apple video adapter with my iPad and an LCD projector for astronomy presentations. The iPad's output is only 1024x768, but so is the projector I'm using so it's fine. Only a few programs actually support doing this though, so you'll need to check. It does work with Keynote, but I don't think even the photo viewer supports it (haven't actually checked). The adapter is only $30 at the Apple store.
What astronomy app are you using that will project?

Most reactions

Latest posts