What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limiting Functionality

Kdubishere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am interested in using iPads at my place of business. However, I don't want my employees to be able to access non work related apps or webpages. Is there currently any way to limit the functionality of iPads for me to use in this fashion?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Partly.

You can use restrictions to disable installing apps (or deleting them). You can also lock out various other features in the same way. Web pages are a bit more difficult. Either you lock out Safari, or you allow it. There's no middle ground so far as I'm aware.

It appears that you can prevent unauthorized email accounts being added, restrict use of camera and FaceTime, etc.

Someone else might chime in with a way to restrict web pages.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Settings - general - restrictions. Enable installing apps and safari. Once enabled you will need to create a pass code to prevent access to theses settings.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Settings - general - restrictions. Enable installing apps and safari. Once enabled you will need to create a pass code to prevent access to theses settings.

Thanks, DefBref, I forgot to add where to find restrictions.

Most reactions

Latest posts