Outlook web access - internet explorer

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Arniep, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Arniep

Arniep
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I access my outlook work mailbox at home by using Internet explorer in windows and going to my web based outlook box. I can do it on safari, but the functionality is very limited. I tried downloading an app that says it emulates Internet explorer, but it didn't work right. Is there any app anyone knows of that would give me the functionality of Internet explorer for my web based outlook? Thanks

2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    There is an app called the Atomic browser and it costs a whopping 99¢! With it, you can emulate any of the Safari browsers, Firefox or IE6, 7 or 8. My work also uses the web-based Outlook mail system and this browser does work.

3. Arniep

Arniep
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks so much. I downloaded the app, but I don't see any difference between what it is allowing me to do vs. Safari. How do I get it to emulate explorer?

4. lumberjak

lumberjak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Both iCab and Atomic are rated very well. For either you need to go into the settings.

Atomic: Select the gear icon next to the http pane and select "Settings". Find mid-way in Settings "Identify Browser As" and choose one, hopefully it'll give the same functionality.

If this fails to work then most likely the failure is due to a limitation with the iPad and it's browser capabilities. I have yet run into any issues with Atomic emulating IE or Firefox though so I;m sure it should work.

5. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    EDIT: I was typing this at the same time as lumberjak and he got there first!

Open the browser and click on the Settings icon (The thing that looks like a little gear just to the left of the URL entry box). This will bring up a box with the various settings. Select the bottom one that, oddly enough, says Settings. At the bottom of the top box, select the Identify Browser As option and this will bring up another screen. Tap the last line that says Internet Explorer 8 then tap Settings in the upper left corner of the screen the Close in the upper right corner of the next screen.

Clear as mud, eh?

6. lumberjak

lumberjak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hehe sorry 1991 ;)

7. Ipadconvert

Ipadconvert
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Atomic web opening pda's

Thanks it works! Got me into a site I can only access from IE. I can not get it to open PDA s though, any ideas?
    Thanks,

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I Have no prob accessing my OWA I even boookedmarked it pad

9. steelerfan

steelerfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Atomic was a great suggestion. Worked like a charm.

10. newfmp3

newfmp3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    curious, what is it that you could not do in safari? I have no issues - but I do tend to use exchange mail more these days