Outlook web access - internet explorer

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Arniep, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ipfmike

ipfmike
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    There's always so much great info on this forum.

2. zorah

zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm guessing you meant PDFs? Does your work have restrictions? I can access work OWA from home too, but we cannot open up attachments on the web client ever, even in IE.

3. wrecklass

wrecklass
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Just to be clear, there are a number of features to OWA that only work with an actual Internet Explorer. Of course, because Microsoft likes putting in proprietary features. Therefore even if you identify the browser as IE those features will not work. If you are used to using OWA with Chrome, Safari or Firefox on the desktop then you may not be aware of these features.

Still, the iPad browsers give sufficient capability to use OWA for most of your needs.

4. peled

peled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Why can't you set up the mail to work as exchange ( see the mail setup on the ipad). I do that from my iPAD and have access to my outlook mail at work. Works great.

5. iRookie

iRookie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I downloaded Atomic and I love it as a browser. The tabs alone are worth the price of admission. But even when I change "identify browser" as IE 8, I can't get Outlook to work. The full version of Outlook rather than just the light version shows up, but nothing works.....can't open an email, go to calendar or even log off. My employer restricts enterprise acces to our browser from anything other than a work-provided device, but I thought that wouldn't matter in trying to access the web version

Anyone have any ad ice for me?

6. SoxFan

SoxFan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Outlook Web Access on Ipad

Outlook Web Access on Ipad
    I spent hours last night trying to get mine to work. I downloaded Atomic Browser and paid the .99 cents. I still could not get OWA to open anything in my email window. It was just stuck. I could do nothing but look at it!

I then read another post here and followed that advice. Just go to Settings - Mail - on your Ipad and ADD another mail account. There is an option for Microsoft Outlook Web Access. Follow the prompts and it authorizes your OWA account and you're in! I work for a government agency with high security and had no problems.

Voila ! Works like a charm. Just like I'm looking at my desktop. The only little drawback is that you need to enter a passcode because you are automatically logged into your email. My AOL mail and OWA mail are in the same window and I just toggle between them both. Very simple.

Atomic Web Browser solved many other issue for me on my work website however. Very much worth the .99 IMHO !

Patty

7. paul1956

paul1956
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Arniep,

Why not just set-up an Exchange Account on the settings page for your Outlook mail. It took less than two minutes to set-up and now I have access to my Outlook email and calendar. Highly recommended!

8. mwarren19

mwarren19
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Help with a website

Thanks for the tips guys, i am trying to us the website lomanet.org and I can't get it to work, can someone try this site to see if it will work on their iPad using atomic. I appreciate it as I need to access this site for a class I an taking. Thanks

9. RolySJ

RolySJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Does Atomic let you sync your Outlook Web Access calendar?

10. OperatorX

OperatorX
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No, it's just a browser, not a mail/calendar client. IF you have OWA, you should be able to get the iPad email client to work. Just go to Settings, then Mail, Contacts & Calendar and setup an "Exchange Account" Enter your email address, domain, owa server name (example: owa.MyCompanyDomain.com) and your password. It should sync up.

I have in the past, had to turn the SSL option off, then on again to get this to work the first time, but SSL should be turn on and it should go. IF it dosen't, recheck your setting entries and turn the SSL option off, then on again.