What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving ipad2 on charge

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Is it ok to leave the ipad2 plugged into the charger when not in use, I have been using the ipad2 and when battery gets low charging it up to 100% then unplugging it till I use it, so I wondered will it ruin the battery if i leave it plugged into the charger?
Is there recommendations from apple as to what they recommend?

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's quite safe to leave the iPad charging 24/7. It has a very sophisticated charging system and will not cause the battery to be overcharged.

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like Tim stated it is perfectly fine. You can even use it while charging. If you use our search button re this topic you will find additional reading!:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi

Is it ok to leave the ipad2 plugged into the charger....
Is there recommendations from apple as to what they recommend?

Check Apple Battery Discussion for their recommendation and comments.

Agree that there should not be a problem leaving the charger plugged into the iPad when not in use, and sounds like you are running down the battery before recharging; not sure that I concur w/ Apple's once a month suggestion to run the battery dead (at the bottom of the link); but I own a bunch of hand tools w/ Li-Ion batteries and tend to run them low before recharging. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts