What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you miss the November 3rd deadline to update your iPhone 5 or iPad 4 to the latest iOS version possible, you can still update. What you have to do in this case is to update through iTunes on a computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iOS 9.3.6 update was released back on July 19th. Try connecting to iTunes to see if that helps find the update.

Nope. I cabled the iPad to my iMac and it still says I'm up to date with 9.3.5.

The one advantage of keeping my old iPad 3 was that it ran the now-abandoned Intellicast app, the best weather app ever. However, Intellicast no longer seems able to find any location at all, which means it won't finish loading. If there's one thing Apple is good at, it's effectively bricking their old hardware...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In regards to your intellicast app, the problem with it is almost certainly that the app developer’s server which sent the weather data to the users devices has been shut down.
If you go to this site, and find your device, you can get the direct download link to use with iTunes on your computer. https://ipsw.me/9.3.6
W
hen it’s downloaded to your computer and your iPad is connected, hold down the option key while pressing the update button, then select the downloaded Ipsw file which will then start downloading. It will install on your iPad as soon as it finishes downloading and is verified by Apple.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In regards to your intellicast app, the problem with it is almost certainly that the app developer’s server which sent the weather data to the users devices has been shut down.

I don't think so. It still works on my wife's Mini 1, though it doesn't use location services and the map must be panned manually.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think so. It still works on my wife's Mini 1, though it doesn't use location services and the map must be panned manually.
I had something similar happen to one of my weather apps. It first stopped updating the weather data, then the developer released an update that deliberately bricked the app because he was converting to a subscription service and wanted to get rid of the pay once version.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari 13.0.3 is available for for macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Apple released macOS Catalina 10.15.1, as well as watchOS 6.1. for Apple Watch Series 1 to 5.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have an iPad 3 and a Mini 1. In both cases, Settings says they are up to date with 9.3.5. FWIW.
If both devices are Wi-Fi only, they are up to date. iOS 9.3.6 is available for the cellular + Wi-Fi iPad 3 and mini.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After bricking some devices, the HomePod has been updated to 13.2.1.

Apple released security updates for Mojave (2019-001) and High Sierra (2019-006), as well as updates for iCloud, and iTunes for Windows.

Most reactions