What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest OS versions - discussions

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if this post is appropriate here but might draw some attention w/ the title - I've purchased a LOT of David Pogue's books over the years, many labeled the Missing Manuals - well tonight I just bought via iBooks the newest release on Sierra (as shown below) - now on my iPad and Susan will be able to DL to her Mini (there are several chapters that she should read for her iMac) - NOW, I have no relationship to Pogue nor the publisher - just have enjoyed his books over MANY years! Dave :)
IMG_7236.PNG

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, the iPad is finished. Since it takes so long, I'll wait until bedtime to update the watch.

Looks like there are some problems with the iTunes store right now. I'm unable to update apps, or get the new TV app to work properly.

IMG_1981.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Update. TV app seems to be working fine on the iPad. Problem was with the iPhone. I was trying to download Netfix for the iPhone to test out. The app works on the iPhone, as far as it can with only one app (Hulu) and the iTunes store to access.

Edit: Apple TV's TV app is completely useless without the ability to sign into the iTunes Store. (sigh)

Last edited:
OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update. TV app seems to be working fine on the iPad. Problem was with the iPhone. I was trying to download Netfix for the iPhone to test out. The app works on the iPhone, as far as it can with only one app (Hulu) and the iTunes store to access.

Your observations will be useful, @twerppoet, since the app will not be useable by those of us outside the US.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My updates appear to be working again, as is my iTunes sign in. Netflix now downloaded on the iPhone and working in the TV app as expected.

Apple's site still shows the iTunes Store having problems with app purchases, so it might still be down for some people, or they just havent' updated the status yet.

So far, I'm likeing the TV app. It's a lot easier to browse shows on the iPad than it is on the TV, but not bad there either; superior to the generic search feature if nothing else.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So far, I just updated one of my three Macs to 10.12.2 - left a few posts in the MacForums concerning the loss of a battery stat(s), i.e. time left for use depending on activity - the battery percentage remains intact. Now, for those needing this feature, there is an app called Battery Health in the Mac App Store that can report a limited number of these remaining times when the computer is off AC - see pics below. I keep my two laptops typically plugged to power, so not much of a concern for me. Dave :)

lclev;1741054 said:
Wait! They dropped the battery icon!!! Aughhhhhhh.... I haven't updated my MB Air yet. I use the icon to know when I need to plug it in. I did update my Mac Pro but obviously I did not need a battery icon.

So now I have to install a 3rd party app. Yuck. :Angry-Tongue:

chscag;1741055 said:
No loss Lisa since it was not giving accurate information anyway. My guess is that Apple will restore that function once they get it working right.
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 9.32.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 9.31.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.08.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 12.18.17 AM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for that Dave. Looks very useful.

Well after posting and updating my 3 Macs to 10.12.2, I received a notice that the battery app shown in my previous post had also been updated - this stuff seems to change by the second! ;)

The Battery Health app now has a V.2 (both available in the App Store) - the combined image below shows version 2 - the left side on AC and the right on battery - in 'Preferences', the 'Time Remaining' (arrow) on battery can be chosen, however, the time for individual activities no longer seems listed. Hope this helps for those who may be interested in obtaining this application. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 11.52.26 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts