What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep screen awake for only certain apps

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app in Play Store called as Stay Alive, does exactly this job. Helps me a ton when I am doing reading. I wonder if there is any such app for iPad. This is iPad 1.

Thanks in advance.

OP
F

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is iPad 1, so stuck at iOS 5.3.3
What options are there with jailbreaking?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is iPad 1, so stuck at iOS 5.3.3
What options are there with jailbreaking?

I'm not sure, since I don't jailbreak. I just know that if it is available it will require a jailbreak.

I recommend you go to the iPad Hacking area of this forum and read the sticky posts. That should catch you up on the current state of jailbreaking. If you are visiting via the website, sticky notes are at the top of the thread list, in a light blue color. If you are using the iOS app, they should be in a separate tab above the thread list.

If that, or some of the other recent posts don't answer your question, ask it there. Or maybe a more knowledgeable person will wander by and help you out here.

Good luck.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The highest iOS that can be put on an iPad 1 is iOS 5.1.1 - and that version is jailbreak able. See this thread for the various tools you can use to jail break that iPad:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Once it's jail broken, there are several tweaks you can use to prevent the screen from going to sleep - ones such as SleepDepriver or Activator (which you can use to stop the screen from dimming).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts