What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep iPad awake?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app in Cydia to make our iPads stay awake? I want it to stay on the locked screen page without the swipe thingy to unlock it.

Or ~

On the home page and not go to sleep. I don't want much do I?:D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, on the homescreen, you can go to Settings and set your Auto-Lock (under General) to Never. That's a stock setting, no jailbreak required.

For the lockscreen, there are a couple of Cydia apps, one of which is Lockscreen Dim Delay. With that, you can pretty much set a time you wish the lockscreen to remain on before it dims out (from 1 seconds all the way to "do not dim").

And, it's free!

That help?

Marilyn

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep mine on 'Autolock', 'Never' but there is one disadvantage. If you deliberately put the iPad to sleep, but you have a Bluetooth keyboard surprisingly, if you activate the keyboard, perhaps by accidentally pressing a key, it not only wakes up the iPad but takes you directly to the Home screen. Now your iPad is switched on and, with Autolock set to 'Never' it will simply run the battery completely down unless you happen to notice that it's switched on. I have an iPad1 and the Apple case and, with the flap closed, it's difficult to see if the screen is on, so you definitely need to be careful.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts