just got my new ipad2 2 days ago

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by kgavionics, Sep 27, 2011.

1. kgavionics

kgavionics iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi folks
    i just got my ipad2 32gb wifi 2 days ago and i have some questions:
    i want to restore my ipad 2 to a jailbraikeble version so i downloaded 4.3.2 firmware and i tried to restore using itunes and i had some trouble with error 3149 wish i have fixed by runing tinyumbrella now i'm getting the error 1604 and i don't know how to fix it so please can someone help me out?

thank you in advance
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 0
    As you just got your iPad, the odds are that it's running iOS version 4.3.5, which is the newest version.

In order to downgrade to a version of firmware that is jailbreakable (which is 4.3.3, by the way) - you will need to have saved your SHSH blobs for that firmware. As you just got the iPad - I'm going to say that you don't have those blobs, which means you can't jailbreak your iPad. Can't.

However, you can always download a program called Tiny Umbrella and check out which blobs you have. Here's a link that'll explain how to do this: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Sorry, but you're timing is off. Hopefully, a jailbreak on iOS 5 for the iPad2 will be discovered. You can but hope.

Marilyn
  3. kgavionics

kgavionics iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks you marilyn for your help i didn't made any update because my version is already 4.3.3 now every thing is working perfectly, i used jailbreakme.com for jailbreak.

now i'm very happy with my ipad2