What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just got my new ipad2 2 days ago

kgavionics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi folks
i just got my ipad2 32gb wifi 2 days ago and i have some questions:
i want to restore my ipad 2 to a jailbraikeble version so i downloaded 4.3.2 firmware and i tried to restore using itunes and i had some trouble with error 3149 wish i have fixed by runing tinyumbrella now i'm getting the error 1604 and i don't know how to fix it so please can someone help me out?

thank you in advance

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you just got your iPad, the odds are that it's running iOS version 4.3.5, which is the newest version.

In order to downgrade to a version of firmware that is jailbreakable (which is 4.3.3, by the way) - you will need to have saved your SHSH blobs for that firmware. As you just got the iPad - I'm going to say that you don't have those blobs, which means you can't jailbreak your iPad. Can't.

However, you can always download a program called Tiny Umbrella and check out which blobs you have. Here's a link that'll explain how to do this: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Sorry, but you're timing is off. Hopefully, a jailbreak on iOS 5 for the iPad2 will be discovered. You can but hope.

Marilyn

OP
K

kgavionics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks you marilyn for your help i didn't made any update because my version is already 4.3.3 now every thing is working perfectly, i used jailbreakme.com for jailbreak.

now i'm very happy with my ipad2

Most reactions

Latest posts