What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a 4.3.3 version but i can't restore????

kgavionics

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
after installing an incomptible version of color keyboard from cydia, my ipad2 can boot but the icons lyout is very strange and when i press on an icon the ipad reboots ..
i have the 4.3.3 version and i download this firmware version on my pc.I changed the hosts file, downloaded tinyumbrella and ireb-rc4 but i'm still getting the error 1604.
even i removed itunes and reinstalled it and it keeps showing the 1604 error.
this problem is getting me crazy.

can some one help me please?

Thank you in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi
after installing an incomptible version of color keyboard from cydia, my ipad2 can boot but the icons lyout is very strange and when i press on an icon the ipad reboots ..
i have the 4.3.3 version and i download this firmware version on my pc.I changed the hosts file, downloaded tinyumbrella and ireb-rc4 but i'm still getting the error 1604.
even i removed itunes and reinstalled it and it keeps showing the 1604 error.
this problem is getting me crazy.

can some one help me please?

Thank you in advance

You need to get back to Cydia to uninstall that color keyboard tweak that started your troubles. Do you have SBSettings installed? If so, see if you can get into Safe Mode, which may stop the iPad from rebooting long enough to get to Cydia and remove that tweak.

If you can't remove that tweak, you'll have to restore. If you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, then you can put that iOS back on. Otherwise, you'll have to go to iOS 5.0.1, which will remove your jailbreak, sorry.

But, try getting back to Cydia first. Good luck.

Marilyn

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi mate

I had the same sort of problem. I re-installed Cydia and lost my installed applications list. I then needed to restore to factory settings. I'm on 4.3.3 and being as I had my shsh blobs saved via sauriks server I was able to restore successfully and easily. Do you have your blobs for your iPad?

If you open Cydia and look at the top it of the screen it will tell you the firmwares that saurik has saved on his servers for you.

I was struggling for weeks with this because I could see that they were saved but whenever I ran tiny umbrella it never found my 4.3.3 blobs. I was certain they had to be around as it said so in Cydia. So I found an application that you can install via Cydia called SH**** this pulled my 4.3.3 blobs from sauriks servers and voila. I was able to reinstall 4.3.3 a d re-jailbreak via www.jailbreakme.com

Let us know how you get on.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts