What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad not charging and keeps resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased my iPad about 6 months ago and was already jailbroken. About 2 days ago it powered off for no reason a couple of times but then seemed to be fine. Last night I chaged the iPad in a switched off state all night but today it will not turn on. The Apple logo appears and then briefly shows the home screen before resetting.

I have tried charging from the USB cable instead of the Apple Mains charger but this is still the situation. The battery icon is still showing as red. I have also tried a reset (holding the pwoer and home button) and also tried powering off but ir resets before I can do this. I am not sure what jailbreak program was used for my iPad as I purchased it like this. I believe the iOS is 4.2.1 but again I am not 100% sure.

I have seen the thread "Jailbroken iPad (4.2.1) not rebooting after battery drain" which is exactley the problem I have, but the fix for this is for Redsn0w and I do not think I have Redsn0w as no Pineapple icon is shown on bootup.

Is there anyway of fixing this without restoring the iPad as I do not want to lose my apps info, esp games? i have Cydia installed which are all working fine and no updates have been carried out lately.

Any help please?????

:confused:Chixta :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you need to do is get it plugged into the official wall charger. Trying to power it up via USB to a computer is not appropriate.

Set it charging on the mains for at least an hour and see where you get to. If you are seeing the red battery icon, this means the batter is completely discharged. It has absolutely nothing to do with your jailbreak. There is no jailbreak app which can stop or prevent the iPad from charging.

Also, check your cable. If the iPad won't charge it points to a hardware issue. It could be the wall adapter, the cable, or a broken dock connector...

Come back and let us know how you get on after at least an hour of being plugged into the mains. After this time, it should at least boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions