What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail breaking ipad 2 and iphone4s is available......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As u know that jailbreaking iphone4s and ipad 2 ios5.1 is now available but the problem is when i tried throught ABSINTHE it says SORRY THE ATTACHED DEVICE IS NOT SUPPORTED.....mine is ipad2 running ios 5.1 ..... Can any 1 help please????

Sent from my amazing black ipad

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No I don't know a jailbreak is available, where did you hear this? I really don't think there is one as yet!

I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where you will receive a better response.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As u know that jailbreaking iphone4s and ipad 2 ios5.1 is now available but the problem is when i tried throught ABSINTHE it says SORRY THE ATTACHED DEVICE IS NOT SUPPORTED.....mine is ipad2 running ios 5.1 ..... Can any 1 help please????

Sorry, but there is NO jail break, tethered or untethered, for the iPad2 running iOS 5.1.

There is no help for it - you'll have to join the ranks of us waiting for a jail break.

Marilyn

OP
dosti

dosti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sorry, but there is NO jail break, tethered or untethered, for the iPad2 running iOS 5.1.

There is no help for it - you'll have to join the ranks of us waiting for a jail break.

Marilyn

Thankx

King201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the release of 5.1 newer devices running A5 or higher processers (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Gen) are again stuck un jailbroken. On the day of the release many new iPad jailbreaks emerged, however, none were released to the public. While we are waiting on I0n1c to further progress, Pod2G from the Chronic dev team claims that they are at work on a new jailbreak. like usual there is no eta, so don’t ask. Hopefully more will be revealed in the future, so make sure to check back.

jesslyn1414

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
No I don't know a jailbreak is available, where did you hear this? I really don't think there is one as yet!

I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where you will receive a better response.

You need to be better at things.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I disagree. They don't come much better than our own leelai, and she was entirely accurate. There is no JB for 5.1 on iPad2 or iPhone4S ATM.

First post... after four months... and you lead with this.... I predict a short and inglorious membership at iPF unless you start being better at things around here. OK?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jesslyn1414 said:

Yes unusual post for a first post.
Did you bother to read in context of the post I was answering?

There's no pleasing some folk!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I disagree. They don't come much better than our own leelai, and she was entirely accurate. There is no JB for 5.1 on iPad2 or iPhone4S ATM.

First post... after four months... and you lead with this.... I predict a short and inglorious membership at iPF unless you start being better at things around here. OK?

Thank you kind sir! :)

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've clicked on this thread several times since it was posted expecting to find something brilliant, like news about an actual 5.1 jailbreak only to realize I've just clicked the same thread yet again. I don't know why I'm looking here and not in the sticky.

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
King201 said:
With the release of 5.1 newer devices running A5 or higher processers (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Gen) are again stuck un jailbroken. On the day of the release many new iPad jailbreaks emerged, however, none were released to the public. While we are waiting on I0n1c to further progress, Pod2G from the Chronic dev team claims that they are at work on a new jailbreak. like usual there is no eta, so don’t ask. Hopefully more will be revealed in the future, so make sure to check back.

it took ipad 2 over 2 months if remember correct to get jailbroken on 5.0.1, so im waiting paitently on the upcoming jailbreak for 5.1 :) want to try out iphoto:p

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 32gb (jailbreaked) using iPF

King201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipod2g just gave this update via twitter!

News: we have all exploits required to do a new jailbreak. I’m working on bypassing ASLR at bootup.

akirra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
news from ipod2g is encouraging :D and thanks to the brilliant instructions and tutoring of many marvelous moderators, i have blobs of 5.1 saved, just in case an update slips by without me paying proper attention (cant believe i let that happen, and i left this jailbreak project so long i missed the opportunity to revert the OS). but i've learnt a lot and will have to be patient for just a little longer ...

feeling pretty happy about stumbling onto this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts