What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me your opinion about jail break for ipad 2 ?

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am very happy with my ipad2, happy with the apple support I hope I never need, and I love all the apps that WOrK on the unjailbroken machine. I will never do it, at least as long as I only have one ipad. Thats just me.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't see the point in jail-breaking. There are a lot of people being paid big bucks at Apple to come up with refinements to the operating system. For the first time, after years playing around with computers, I have something that works right out of the box, and I like it that way.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
JailBreaking is very much like footwear, everyone is different and it's always down to personal choice.

I'll move this over to the hacking section, and whilst your in there have a look at what other people have to say about the matter.

Chris
IPF Team 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
JailBreaking is very much like footwear, everyone is different and it's always down to personal choice.

Chris
IPF Team 

you mean like this.......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-4251334310.jpg
    image-4251334310.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 312

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
+1 for the jailbreak, obviously :)

Anyone considering it for the iPad2 needs to do their research quick, as once 5.1 is released next week you may be faced with a long wait... ;) - Details here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

Here's our sticky explaining the facts - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreaking-explained.html

Also worth looking at our list of iPad tweaks & apps - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Last edited:

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What IOS on the iPad lacks is freedom to take and keep control over the system. To make it yours and style it to ones content. Without JB, this is not possible. Sure, the pad is brilliant out of the box (apart from the flash incapability), but it doesn't speak to me aestetically. JB brings me closer to this, though, and thusly I hesitate not to implement this onto my pad! ❤

//Stefan ☕

ODB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jb my ipad2 as soon as I could and now I can't or don't want it with out, I tryed and missed the tweaks
but if I hadn't of been able to use them I wouldn't of missed the jb

And I
I like the free shizzle

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And I
I like the free shizzle

Just as long as thats the legal free shizzle. We do not support or condone piracy on these forums. Jailbreaking is not about getting paid apps for free.
And of course it's worth pointing out there are plenty of free apps for non-jailbroken devices too... :)

promit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Just as long as thats the legal free shizzle. We do not support or condone piracy on these forums. Jailbreaking is not about getting paid apps for free.
And of course it's worth pointing out there are plenty of free apps for non-jailbroken devices too... :)

No need of jailbreaking...

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like to make it mine. I have jail-broken my iPod touch 2nd Gen and my iPad 2 on both iOs 4.33 and 5.0.1. I also like to remove windows from my computer(s) and experiment with Linux and ChromiumOS.
It is MY iPad. I paid for it with MY money. And after research, if I feel that to jail-break is safe, then he77 yeah, I'm definitely gonna jail-break. I haven't regretted it and the help available here is totally awesome.

Cheers, Dan

Most reactions

Latest posts