What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ive just bought a 32g 3g ipad in the usa, will it work in the uk?

leanne1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really need to know otherwise I'll exchange it before I fly home. Be grateful for any feedback as getting conflicting info.

bww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really need to know otherwise I'll exchange it before I fly home. Be grateful for any feedback as getting conflicting info.
It will work perfectly IF it is the At&t 3g version. If it is the verizon 3g version then you best take it back straight away. Cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely ensure its the AT&T iPad.

And, I've read that people have trouble with the AT&T version if they don't first activate it here in the USA before taking it back to the UK.

I'll see if I can find some of those links/discussions...

-------------------------

UPDATE (1:08pm EST):
Well, it appears that, according to this thread (http://www.ipadforums.net/uk-ipad-general-discussions/35855-usa-ipad-2-t.html), the issue of having to activate in the USA before going to the UK is not an issue any longer.

So, it's the AT&T one for you!

Marilyn

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no need to activate it in the US first.

-t

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need a new plug adapter for the charger to suit the UK sockets but the charger itself is 110/240V so it will work fine.

ericmen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like the previous people have said, I long as you have a UMTS (AT&T) 3G iPad, it should be unlocked, which means as long as you have the micro-sim for that carrier, it should work just fine.

ipad29.jpg

OP
L

leanne1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, just got it home and put an o2 micro sim in it, it's working beautifully

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear - it's useful because there have been earlier incidents of some Members having problems, so it's good to know that there's not an issue.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To echo Tim, thanks for the update; glad you got it going.

But, for my notes (and to be clear): Did you activate it here in the USA - or take it back and fire it up over there?

I'd like to make sure which advice I pass on in the future...

Thanks.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts