iTunes won't update to 9.1

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by SWdp, Apr 3, 2010.

1. SWdp

SWdp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    A few days ago I updated iTunes on my iMac so it would be ready to for my iPad. Last night I went to get some iPad specific apps and it stated I needed 9.1 before I could download them. I checked my version and it says 9.0.3. I ran the OS software updater and it said everything was up to date. In iTunes I had it check for an update and sure enough it found I needed one (good). Even doing that update doesn't change mine to 9.1. I went through the process with the .dmg file and everything seemed to install and work perfectly but still I have 9.0.3! If I go to applications and ctrl - i on iTunes it says version 9.0.3 and that it was modified today (just a few minutes ago). This is all very strange and damn inconvenient!

I know this isn't exactly iPad related but if I can't get 9.1 then I suppose it is.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

2. Edlex

Edlex
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    That's weird, I opened iTunes yesterday and it prompted me to update. I did with no issues. Maybe they're doing something on their side. I would probably try again later.

3. Ellie

Ellie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I had a problem downloading mine, I have windows and I had to make some recommended updates and restarted it a couple times and it finally downloaded and it is fine now. I thought it was probably just windows or because so many people were trying to download. Try booting your computer before trying download and see if that helps.

4. wot_fan

wot_fan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    That is really strange. Have you tried uninstalling the existing copy of iTunes before you use the dmg to install the new version?

5. SWdp

SWdp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I did. I downloaded iTunes fresh from the site and now it says it's corrupt when I go to open it. The timing of this is just unreal.

6. iDan

iDan
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Dan, What version of Mac OSX are you running?

7. SWdp

SWdp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The latest Snow Leopard on a 24" iMac. I'm going to try time machine and go back to before the 1st update to 9.1. Fingers crossed.

#7 SWdp, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  8. jizmo

jizmo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Wow, major bummer. Hope you get it sorted...

9. SWdp

SWdp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, my iMac still won't update to 9.1 and my iPad just arrived. Talk about a bummer....

Going back a couple weeks and restoring iTunes didn't work either. It was the older version but when I update it I get the same exact response. I think Apple is trying to make me buy a new iMac. :)

I've searched online for help and nothing I've read works. I threw iTunes in the trash and even started with a fresh download and it states that it's corrupt. I don't get it.

10. DavidNM

DavidNM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I would do an online search as to how to completely remove iTunes from your Mac. Usually there are library files and extensions that need to be removed that a normal uninstall doesn't remove.