What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utube videos won't play after 9.1 update

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After updating to 9.1 when a link to Utube is auctioned I get the Utube screen but on selecting Play I get an error message and try again later. Is this a common problem. On my iPad mini with 9.02 version the problem does not exist so I am reluctant to update. Any suggestions please.

OP
B

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have not already done so, try reseting your iPad; hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears.
Thank you for the suggestion. Have tried the reset but the same message comes up " An error has occurred. Please try later". Videos just will not load and play. Any other thoughts would be very welcome.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How strong is your internet connection? You would get that same message if there wasn't enough bandwidth to support the YouTube steaming.

OP
B

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How strong is your internet connection? You would get that same message if there wasn't enough bandwidth to support the YouTube steaming.
I have another iPad plus a Windows computer all running perfectly well so the broadband signal I would regard as very good.

jabber12416

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with youtube as well. It will play but only if you leave the window at its original (small) size. If you try to expand the screen it blacks out and jumps back to the link page I accessed the video on. Plus as reporting previously, my iPad keeps crashing. I have reset it many times and installed an app that reads free and used memory and disk space. According to these readings, I have 40% free disk space and over 200 mb of free memory. The crashing happens over a number of apps. Some game intensive and others like Yahoo mail which does not require much memory. I truly believe it's the latest 9.0 update because that's when this started and 9.0.1 update didn't correct or help this issue. I think it's been said on here that Apple will soon quit supporting the Ipad2 and perhaps 9.0 just requires more of something than the iPad 2 has, to operate correctly. My wife thinks it's deliberate on Apples part to force me into buying a new iPad Air2.

ΔΠGRΨ RΩβΩT

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just for info... There was a YouTube update posted just yesterday (Oct 26th) with bug fixes. The latest version is 10.42

I haven't had any issues playing YouTube videos under iOS 9.1.

OP
B

Bob.marion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just realised that in addition to links to Utube not functioning, embedded videos do not play, the same error message appears " an error has occurred. Please try later". Would this indicate memory problems?

jabber12416

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had that happen before on embedded videos on Facebook, I deleted the Facebook for iPad app and reloaded and it was fine. However that did not help my original stated issue with YouTube closing when trying to expand the screen size. Good luck.

ΔΠGRΨ RΩβΩT

Most reactions

Latest posts