1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes music won't download onto iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Hannimon12, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hannimon12

Hannimon12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the first iPad and I recently updated it to the 4.2.1. Version, but when I did that the iTunes app stopped working on my account. I bought an album and the money went through and it said it downloaded, but it never showed up on my iPod app in the purchased section. I tested it out a few times getting free stuff and they didn't work either, I told the apple store but they just thought it was a problem with the album itself, so that didn't help. I tried resetting my iPad but nothing changed. Il would really appreciate some help. And yes everything I just described happened on my iPad, my pc stopped working with iTunes so I can't update the iPad again or update iTunes, every time I try and download the new iTunes, my computer freezes and stops working.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Did you re-download it on pc? You wont be charged again....Then sync to iPad to see if it works that way...that would let ya know if it was the album then.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,998 / 1
    Actually, unlike apps, you can only download music once after paying for it. If you download it again you will get charged. Though if it fails to download properly, Apple will reset the download. Call iTunes support and tell them what happened.

First though, try giving more details.

Are you talking about iTunes on the iPad or the computer when you downloaded? Give a step by step account of what you did and what happened. That doesn't guarantee help, but it gives you the best chance of a good answer.
  4. Sisyphus1967

Sisyphus1967 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same thing happened to me

My wife and I each have iPad 1's. Hers is at 4.2.1 and mine is at 4.3.3. I bought an album on hers and it showed as downloading in iTunes but did not end up in iPod. Because my iPad is also set to download content bought by others it also downloaded there an DID show up in iPod. Any thoughts?
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,998 / 1
    This is part of the new (beta) iCloud services, available in the U.S. only. Content you buy on one device will automatically download on the others (unless you turn it off in the Store settings on the iPad and/or in iTunes preferences).

It only works in iOS 4.3.3 and iTunes 10.3 or later, which explains why it did not work on your wife's iPad with the older iOS version.

Ok, just reread you post, and am no longer sure I understand what was happening, but I'm pretty sure my explanation missed the point.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. Sisyphus1967

Sisyphus1967 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I'm afraid you did. I understand about the iCloud so the fact the music also downloaded to my iPad is fine. The issue is with my wife's as I bought the album on her iPad and it appeared to download but is not actually available in her iPod app. It sounds like what was happening to the original poster as well. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  7. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,998 / 1
    When you go to the iTunes app on your wife's iPad, can you see the Purchased icon at the bottom? If so find song there and try to download again. No idea why the album did not download the first time.
  8. Sisyphus1967

Sisyphus1967 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interestingly enough, her iPad doesn't have the purchased button/tab at the bottom of iTunes. I suspect it's because she's at least one release back, being on 4.2.1. I'll have to talk to her about updating since otherwise I'll have to something complicated to get the album on her iPad. Interestingly it's no problem for apps, just music/movies/tv. iBooks seems to work fine too.

9. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,998 / 1
    Ok. Sorry I could not help. Please let us know if/when you get if fixed and how.
  10. Hannimon12

Hannimon12 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iTunes fail

Mine dosnt have that tab either, it has it under the iPod but when I buy something, nothing appears as purchased.
  11. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,998 / 1
    I'm pretty sure you must be running iOS 4.3.3 or later. You can check this under Settings > General > About. And you must be logged into the store on the iPad. Check the bottom left corner of the store's pages, where you should see the Apple ID you are logged on with, or a Log In option.
  12. mamatawa

mamatawa iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been having the same problem since I updated my iTunes. I download the music from itunes but it doesn't show up in iPod as before, however when I sync the iPad with the PC, the music now appears in my iPod
  13. OUTL4W

OUTL4W iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Under settings>store - do you have music switched on or off? If not showing this option... what firmware are you currently on?
  14. mamatawa

mamatawa iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. I checked, it's set to ON. Could it be a problem with the recent update as I didn't have the problem before.
  15. Sisyphus1967

Sisyphus1967 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was able to get the music on to her iPad finally and without having to upgrade her OS. Apparently the music was actually on her iPad, just not accessible to the iPod module. I synced her iPad and it showed up. Thanks for all your help.