What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes is broken and Safari won't load after jailbreaking

BethAddey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded a jailbreaking software and didn't realise but it came with lots of viruses. I jailbreaked my iPad and when it was done, Cydia wasn't working, neither was Safari. So I went back onto my computer and a warning came up saying that my computer was infected with trojans and so on. I plugged my iPad in and tried to Restore it on iTunes but because it was infected, iTunes won't start up. How do I get iTunes to work so I can Restore my iPad to get Safari to work again?

BrandonMB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help restoring

The first thing I would suggest is that if you are going to do a jailbreak, then only use the tools from the Dev-Team, who create most of the jailbreaks includig RedSnow and others.

First, I would uninstall iTunes and reinstall (I know this sucks, but probably the best). Do a complete virus scan of your computer to remove whatever was in there.

Download RedSnow (you can find it with a google search) and I would also suggest going to YouTube and searching for Jailbreak OS 4.2.1 as there are some good video tutorials there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The current jailbreak for OS4 devices is a Tethered jailbreak. This means that you MUST HAVE the Redsnow software, and your IPSW file with you if you need to boot you need to cold boot your iPad. The redsnow software has an option titled "Just boot tethered now", and your ipad will come up just fine.

Reaction score
I don't think the viruses and your iPad Problems are connected.

You are probably using the redsn0w jb, in which case it will be tethered, meaning that if you don't use redsn0w's 'Just boot tethered' function, Cydia and Safari won't work. Just follow the instructions and your iPad will work fine.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the viruses and your iPad Problems are connected.

You are probably using the redsn0w jb, in which case it will be tethered, meaning that if you don't use redsn0w's 'Just boot tethered' function, Cydia and Safari won't work. Just follow the instructions and your iPad will work fine.

Great advice and fantastic user name! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts