What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it worth upgrading from iPad1 to iPad2

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ipad 2 users in the house? What are your experiences besides the cams and its weight?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is weird.

Did your previous thread get deleted? I answered, but some error showed up when hitting Send.

Anyhow, search is your greatest friend.

My fault - I moved it from 'General Discussions' to 'iPad2 Forum' and we must have overlapped. Apologies......

Tim
PS yes, Search is your greatest friend!!

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really hard for me to use search.. Haha.. Anyways for an example. How do i search for this question of mine? I typed in keywords "from ipad to ipad2" and none that i was looking for appeared.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The differences are subtle, but definitely there.
Faster, crisper, snappier and easier to hold and carry.
Also the screen seems better. Can't say why offhand but maybe it's the reduced glass thickness.

Very happy with the upgrade and my daughters very happy with their iPads1 :)

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
The differences are subtle, but definitely there.
Faster, crisper, snappier and easier to hold and carry.
Also the screen seems better. Can't say why offhand but maybe it's the reduced glass thickness.

Very happy with the upgrade and my daughters very happy with their iPads1 :)

Thanks! thats the review im looking for. I guess ill be sticking to my pad for awhile if that's the case:)

ssyates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ipad 2 users in the house? What are your experiences besides the cams and its weight?

So far...not to pleased with camera resolution, both front and back.

My iPod Touch 4th Gen could determine my location, where my iPad 2 WiFi (no 3g) cannot.

I like the thinner case.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overall, remember that the iPad 2 has a dual core CPU. I know that most apps around at the moment will run on both 1 and 2, but we will start to see iPad 2 only apps very soon. I still have my ipad1 but this is a far better device. Upgrade? Millions can't be wrong!

Havapad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from the camera and a little lighter I for one am not all that impressed. After waiting for a month I was a little let down. Still like it tho...

Most reactions

Latest posts