What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
screen-shot-2013-01-27-at-6-31-06-pm.png

Apparently, tech giant Apple feels it has been a while since it hasn’t released a new model of iPad, so it has plans laid out to remedy the situation. New rumors suggesting Cupertino is ready to introduce an additional model on the market – it will be a 128GB model featuring the same specs as the fourth generation iPad.

9to5Mac was the first to stumble upon the information, saying that Apple is most likely to release a single iPad model in the near future. The new model is going to be a new SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) for the current version of the iPad plus the Retina Display.

The news about the 128GB iPad has been relayed by a shady source of an important US retailer that released a database sheet that hinted towards the model. In the stock sheet the device bears the “P101 ULTIMATE A-USA” label. The 9to5Mac teams specified that Apple usually uses the “ULTIMATE” tag to hint towards high-end or premium models. The company also uses descriptors such as “GOOD”, “BETTER”, “BEST” in order to define the level of internal memory – 16GB, 32GB and 64GB respectively.

Twitter user iNeal also speculates that the new model will have 128GB because the iOS 6.1 beta 5 features compatibility with 128GB iOS devices. However, users should not get too excited as the 9to5Mac team also reports that the new model of the iPad might not be intended to the general public but for government or retail use instead.

Source: 9to5Mac

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm....no weight change, just more storage? I'll have to ponder this one....

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The big question is how much are they going to charge for it?

I say a kajillion dollars ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I say they keep the top end model the same price and lower the others. Each year, the offer new features at the same price as the previous model.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I say they keep the top end model the same price and lower the others. Each year, the offer new features at the same price as the previous model.

I bet it's $100 more than the current 64GB, keeping it in line with the current tiered pricing.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jcs21480 said:
What's the difference between this model and previous models?

More storage and more $$$ to buy it!!

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe it, they will probably charge $799 for it, but I believe it

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they charge any more than the highest priced one now might as well get a MacBook air...iPad are teetering on the edge of being priced too high as it is...any higher is just too much in my opinion

Sent by an Android Guy using an iPad...

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:

Ouch. An $800 dollar tablet. Probably more for cell service. And I thought $500 to $600 was a little high. Zoinks! I can't imagine it selling that well. The fifth gen unit will be out fairly soon and I'm not sure how many people would truly benefit from that much storage. Guess we'll find out.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:

That's it ???

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikespe said:
If they charge any more than the highest priced one now might as well get a MacBook air...iPad are teetering on the edge of being priced too high as it is...any higher is just too much in my opinion

Sent by an Android Guy using an iPad...

This is true!! What I have is fine lol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

This is true but it will cost them more $$$ to make the 128 so I doubt it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts