What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is true but it will cost them more $$$ to make the 128 so I doubt of.

Just like everything else, flash memory gets cheaper too. We shall see.

Edit: and now we see, you were right and I was waaaaayyy wrong! :)

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strange how they just announce it out of the blue. Thought they'd wait for the next apple event.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strange how they just announce it out of the blue. Thought they'd wait for the next apple event.

I'm starting to get fearful for Apple. This seems a bit desperate to me with the rapid updates. While I am one who is pushing for a 128 GB version (I even wrote them requesting this), it seems as if they are just trying to beat everyone else to the punch. I do want one of these, but I was also hoping to get it in a new housing...one more like what the mini has...with lighter weight, too. I don't really mind the extra money for it....even though, flash storage is not really that expensive these days....they do have to find room for it inside the housing...I don't want to buy another iPad that looks just like my 3 gen...maybe that is petty, but it is how it is. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch. An $800 dollar tablet. Probably more for cell service. And I thought $500 to $600 was a little high. Zoinks! I can't imagine it selling that well. The fifth gen unit will be out fairly soon and I'm not sure how many people would truly benefit from that much storage. Guess we'll find out.

If you think it's high, you're not the target buyer, but iPad serves many types of users:

"To offer some differentiation from its other iPads -- which start at $329 for the iPad mini -- Apple is targeting the new model primarily at professional users, including those in the architectural and medical fields who handle large files. Gamers, movie fans and avid magazine readers are also likely to appreciate the extra storage space."

Apple releases new iPad with 128 GB of storage - Jan. 29, 2013

The next iPad I buy will have 128GBs. I'll wait for technical upgrades first, though.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This release appears to be timed to one-up Microsoft with the release of its Surface Pro.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If they charge any more than the highest priced one now might as well get a MacBook air...iPad are teetering on the edge of being priced too high as it is...any higher is just too much in my opinion

I see the MBA and the iPad as very different devices and, in my mind, are not in competition with each other. I know others think differently, but I'm sure there are plenty of people how will have both.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the MBA and the iPad as very different devices and, in my mind, are not in competition with each other. I know others think differently, but I'm sure there are plenty of people how will have both.

I agree.

There also will be some people who can't afford both and will go one way or another, depending on their needs and preferences, but we all know there are usability and portability differences between a tablet and other types of computers.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Dang. That was quick. And they want a fortune, too. I guess this means the iPad 5 will be November. I think I'll wait....

I just saw this on google + and decided to mosey on over to "the forum" to see the comments. That's fine, I didn't need 128GB right now. ;). Who's getting one?

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I'm starting to get fearful for Apple. This seems a bit desperate to me with the rapid updates. While I am one who is pushing for a 128 GB version (I even wrote them requesting this), it seems as if they are just trying to beat everyone else to the punch. I do want one of these, but I was also hoping to get it in a new housing...one more like what the mini has...with lighter weight, too. I don't really mind the extra money for it....even though, flash storage is not really that expensive these days....they do have to find room for it inside the housing...I don't want to buy another iPad that looks just like my 3 gen...maybe that is petty, but it is how it is. :)

Don't worry, it's coming!!! I would hold off. Maybe in June lol.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
This release appears to be timed to one-up Microsoft with the release of its Surface Pro.

Yes!!!!! I saw this too just now!!!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
tlbaker said:
You getting one, Admiral??

I want to squeeze one more year out of my iPad 2 if I can but yes - my next iPad will be 128. Hopefully there's a 128 mini by then. My arms not as strong as they once were and I find the full body iPad a bit tiring to hold over longer periods.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I want to squeeze one more year out of my iPad 2 if I can but yes - my next iPad will be 128. Hopefully there's a 128 mini by then. My arms not as strong as they once were and I find the full body iPad a bit tiring to hold over longer periods.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Good boy!!! Such discipline. My new iPad was sort of an impulse holiday gift to myself. I really wasn't expecting an upgrade so soon and now we are expecting three, that we know of, including a mini. But I am good w my 64GB for now. I've only used about 10GB on my 2 and it will be 2 years old in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts