What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm like that, too. Some fav movies on my iPads all the time.

My diabolical scheme is to hit 512GB. When the 256GB sd cards dip below $200, I'll get one of those to plug into my AirStash, and then I'll upgrade to the eventual 256GB iPad. That will give me as much storage as my laptop, which still has 100GB free. That's enough room for all my movies and tv shows, with room to grow for subsequent seasons of Archer. It should take a couple of years to get there.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
I'm with you on these issues. An extended warranty for what's supposed to be a high grade device as it is? Nah. I paid $20 bucks for my case and love it. No need to shell out another $150 bucks for case! What are these people desperately trying to make their iPad cost $1500 bucks? :)

For my iPad 2, AppleCare totally paid off for me. So far, I've had the whole unit replaced - the iPad and the charger with 6 months left on it. No need to waste 830.00 to replace it if / when it breaks down, no fault of my own, but that's just me. The iPad was a gift along with the Smart Cover and AppleCare. This time around I paid like $25-29 for my case. $150.00 is ridiculous for me especially since 4 has not left my apt. Since I bought it. The 2 goes in my purse when I want to have it with me.

I would have bought the 128GB if I didn't buy the 64GB in November, but I have two iPads so I already have 128GBs lol :D. These days, you want to buy a device from Apple or any other tech company just go ahead and do it as no matter how long you wait for the next "new" update there will always be another next "new" update right after it even if it's two weeks later lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've seen a good number of people on forums, and in the comments sections of tech blog posts, asking for more storage.

I think Mahall is speaking for his own wants, versus what other consumers might want. Granted, I don't think the higher-end iPads will sell as well as the cheaper ones, but I think Apple knows what it's doing here, for various reasons.

I think some buyers might be threatened by the sale of higher-end devices, because they worry that resources will be diverted, or that manufacturers will abandon lower-end customers. If for instance, you have to stretch to buy an iPad now, you might worry that they'll abandon say a 16GB device, leaving you unable to afford to upgrade later.

Yes, good point about those that worry that they'll be left out in the cold should monster storage become the norm. Th iPod touch has already done this as you can only get them in 32 or 64 GB. No more 16 GB model anymore. Apple probably makes more money on the larger memory devices which also adds to the possibilities. We shall see.

mahall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol not buying a warranty and a good case on such an investment?? Why wouldn't I put a good case around the most expensive IOS device and insure it with a quality warranty?? So you lay out almost a grand on a devise and you wrap it with garbage and gamble that it won't get damaged or have any unforeseen issues?? Insanity or dudes that have more money than sense!! One or the other!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol not buying a warranty and a good case on such an investment?? Why wouldn't I put a good case around the most expensive IOS device and insure it with a quality warranty?? So you lay out almost a grand on a devise and you wrap it with garbage and gamble that it won't get damaged or have any unforeseen issues?? Insanity or dudes that have more money than sense!! One or the other!!

I don't consider any electronic gadget an investment for starters. Investments need to have a shot at appreciation, lol. To me, these are convenience items, which I can afford to replace. If I buy 10 gadgets and break one, that's unusual for me. And I've just saved myself 10 extended warranties' worth of money. Lots of people and companies self-insure, because they can afford the odds. And if you read up on financial advice, most will tell you to avoid extended warranties, because they end up making money for the seller by in large. Of course, if you're the poor person who breaks something and can't afford to replace it, then you're up a creek. But that depends on each user's circumstances. I know what mine are, and I would be able to replace any damaged gadget without missing a beat. YMMV.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't consider any electronic gadget an investment for starters. Investments need to have a shot at appreciation, lol. To me, these are convenience items, which I can afford to replace. If I buy 10 gadgets and break one, that's unusual for me. And I've just saved myself 10 extended warranties' worth of money. Lots of people and companies self-insure, because they can afford the odds. And if you read up on financial advice, most will tell you to avoid extended warranties, because they end up making money for the seller by in large. Of course, if you're the poor person who breaks something and can't afford to replace it, then you're up a creek. But that depends on each user's circumstances. I know what mine are, and I would be able to replace any damaged gadget without missing a beat. YMMV.

You might try educating yourself before presuming to give other people financial advice, by the way.

6 Reasons Why You Should Never Purchase an Extended Warranty - My Money (usnews.com)

I'm open to financial advice, but you don't seem like a good source for it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts