What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple fair?

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like a lot of folks, I'm sure, I am frustrated with a single subdirectories limitation for the Photos app.

I ended up buying Photo-Sort to fix the problem and although it only costs $1.99 it just seems that Apple did this deliberately to generate extra revenue through their cut of sales of Photo-Sort.

Now I know that we have all gone from iOS 4 to 4.3 for free, whereas from XP to Windows 7 costs a good $100.

So, what say you, fair or unfair on Apple holding some functions back?

And please let's not do the Flash thing. It's been done to death.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if it's "fair" or not but many of their policies and decisions are annoying.

Things like the photo management sucking, not having an accessible file system for drag and drop without jail breaking, no flash etc.

The biggest problem I have--though not big enough for me to not buy an iPad 2 since I'm keeping my Kindle for e-books--is the crap their pulling with requiring apps like Kindle to offer in-app purchases so Apple get's 30% of sales.

That's not fair to the developers (but it's legal so they can do it) and is BS and will likely lead to several apps getting pulled from the iOS. There's no reason Apple should get a cut from e-books or other content sold by third party Apps. If they don't want competition for their crappy iBook store, then just ban third party e-readers. Don't be backhanded about it and try to force them to give you 30% of their sales which is probably nearly all of their profit margin after payout to the publishers.

That bugs me, but I'm buying anyway as I won't read e-books on it anyway (prefer e-ink vastly for long term reading) and wouldn't use many apps with in-app purchasing anyway as I'm mainly just wanting it for web surfing, pdfs, and free news apps etc.

But it still stinks as it will likely mean less app options for us users.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts