What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else having massive lag issues in iOS 7

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the problem with iOS 7 where this device is amazingly laggy now? Everything is slower, even typing on the keyboard has large delays.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried a restart, hold the home and on/off buttons until the Apple logo appears then let it reboot, let us know if this helps. The Archangel

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem before. Using your iPad with the lag helped by "cooping" with iOS 7. This worked for me. Of course, a reset, or reboot, or erase all data and content works too. I find it normal in ever new OS update for a lag. And I expect it everytime.

OP
M

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even zooming in on web pages produces significant lag now.....

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check how much storage capacity you have left, if it's less than 10% then this may be the cause.

The Archangel

Sorry, A, missed this initially. Bags of capacity left. The lagging is not too bad now but noticeably slower than 6.1.3

Mike

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, A, missed this initially. Bags of capacity left. The lagging is not too bad now but noticeably slower than 6.1.3 Mike

In that case I can only think that something must be using up your RAM, my iPad Mini, if anything seems faster.........but then I'm just deranged!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Initial lag that tappers off can also be caused by the spotlight search feature. The indexing for search happens in the background, and can be intense for the first hour or so. It also contributes to battery drain.

Or so I've read.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only will the new search index take a bit of battery, so does the new Collections feature of the Photo app as it sorts your Camera Roll, Albums and Photo Stream. It took over 5 hours to sort all the photos on my iPhone and 4 hours on my iPad.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only will the new search index take a bit of battery, so does the new Collections feature of the Photo app as it sorts your Camera Roll, Albums and Photo Stream. It took over 5 hours to sort all the photos on my iPhone and 4 hours on my iPad.
That would explain why my iPhone 5 lagged for the first few hours and my iPad 4 didn't, all of my music is on the iPhone. Lag disappears shortly thereafter.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Initial lag that tappers off can also be caused by the spotlight search feature. The indexing for search happens in the background, and can be intense for the first hour or so. It also contributes to battery drain.

Or so I've read.

Could be just that as it seems to be diminishing as time goes on. Still cannot understand how to get spotlight. I sweep down centre page but all I get is my calendar, no search tool bar. Not that I miss it, you never miss what you ain't got :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be just that as it seems to be diminishing as time goes on. Still cannot understand how to get spotlight. I sweep down centre page but all I get is my calendar, no search tool bar. Not that I miss it, you never miss what you ain't got :)
Put your finger between the upper row of your apps and pull it down.
It looks great with the right background.

image-3911880902.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts