What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else having massive lag issues in iOS 7

oldgiteggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's annoying me is that you would need to do a factory reset in the first place. If that was as PC, a fresh reinstall would be easy. I use my 64Gb iPad3 as a picture viewer and after losing 40Gb of pics, that will have to be reloaded and sorted into folders is time consuming. I suppose it's nice to know that it's the OS that has caused this and not just my iPad.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Completing a reset is standard on any solid state devices. This includes tablets, phones GPS just to name a few. I usually reset my phone and iPads about once a month as they are left on 7/24. I am not saying it is necessary but recommended as the first step if you have issues. Yes one can restore via a computer but frankly I have not done that on any of my devices with the exception of the iPhone 5 that required a full reset to unlock the phone

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What's annoying me is that you would need to do a factory reset in the first place. If that was as PC, a fresh reinstall would be easy. . .

Just different problems, really. You rarely lose data when doing a fresh install on a PC, but you can spend days hunting down software and licenses to reinstall. On iOS it's the other way around. Your apps are pretty easy to recover. You data is at risk.

In both cases a good backup and careful preparation is the best preventative. Though in both cases these occasionally fail and much cursing occurs. I've had my share of cursing on both platforms.

The silver lining? Well, it usually forces you to clean up all the junk that's accumulated and organize a bit better, and you 'hopefully' learn to keep backups and data in more than one place.

As for the need to do a clean re-install. That's a fact of life for any version .0 OS upgrade. They are always a bit buggy and prone to break. I'm still amazed how fast the iOS 7 uptake has been. Seems like the entire Appleverse threw caution to the wind on this one.

Last edited:

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Apple's software teams were so focused on having iOS 7 ready for the iPhone showdown that they neglected the iPad. Last info I learned is that iOS 7.1 will be ready on time for the iPad keynote. We'll see.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lag issues began today after update to 7.0.2

Try a hard reset and let it settle for a bit, particularly if you haven't allowed your device to re-index your data if you upgraded to iOS 7 rather than restoring to iOS 7.

oldgiteggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just different problems, really. You rarely lose data when doing a fresh install on a PC, but you can spend days hunting down software and licenses to reinstall. On iOS it's the other way around. Your apps are pretty easy to recover. You data is at risk.

I suppose that's why I am irritated. My PC discs and licencing are well organised and data is always synced or mirrored and my SSDs are speedy. I'm just glad I don't use a mobile phone! I'll ust let this thread run it's course.

LouLou22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I'm having a massive problem when in ibooks that I get half way through a book, and then the pages take around 30-60 seconds to turn. I have around 11gb of memory left so that shouldn't be causing any problems. Any suggestions?

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't updated my iphone4 or ipad 3 yet to 7 and by the look of it, if I can get away with it, won't be doing it until all the bugs are out and some patches are sent down.

Same happens with Windows.. won't touch new versions for at least a year..

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Power the iPad down--not sleep--and restart it. If that doesn't help, do a hard reset by holding in the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to do a complete wipe back to factory settings and it fixed all my issues I was having including some laggyness. Might help others who are still having issues YMMV of course, but I'm glad I did it.

I agree and did this myself to a iPhone 4. Rather than complain on this forum i bit the bullet and did the full wipe. The whole process after an overnight back up took just a day and i couldn't be happier.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree and did this myself to a iPhone 4. Rather than complain on this forum i bit the bullet and did the full wipe. The whole process after an overnight back up took just a day and i couldn't be happier.

Ok , I admit I complained about it , but it's from mine & other people's complaints that we learn we're not perfect, and with members here who understand the problems we're able to fix those things , their help is so very much appreciated so I apologise for complaining but as a result my little problem is fixed :) .

Ergo complaint dissolved :)

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok , I admit I complained about it , but it's from mine & other people's complaints that we learn we're not perfect, and with members here who understand the problems we're able to fix those things , their help is so very much appreciated so I apologise for complaining but as a result my little problem is fixed :) . Ergo complaint dissolved :) Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Glad it's fixed. I suppose after all if their were no issues their would most likely be no forums.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is very true :)

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not had "lag issues" too much, or I'm just too patient. But, what has happened 4 times in 2 weeks since updating the IOS is a complete brick freeze. I will be on any web page, app, whatever and the unit freezes with no options to push any buttons for help. At first it was disconcerting, but after waiting for about 3 minutes everything goes black, and I get the Apple reboot image. Once the device is running, I normally check and see that I have a very looong list of recently running apps (which drags down memory?)
Thank You for any comments.

Most reactions

Latest posts