What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else having massive lag issues in iOS 7

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine got sluggish after the update. The lag in the keyboard is quite noticeable sometimes. Also I've seen some stuttering in the animations when I switch apps.

Dave_227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see the problem, my iPad mini is running iOS 7 beautifully!

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping my lag goes away. It's extremely annoying.

And there must be some other battery-draining options pre-selected since the install, since my iPad seems to be draining at a much faster rate.

amydaveg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am have severe keyboard lag where it can take a few seconds for the typed letters to show on the screen. Then they all show at the same time and make the clicking noise. I reset all setting and then did the reset where I held the power button and main button. No different at all. Any other suggestions?
It is a 64 gig ipad 3 with about 2 gigs used.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Put your finger between the upper row of your apps and pull it down.
It looks great with the right background.

View attachment 48357

Star girl, Johanna! Thanks again. Just couldn't figure it out from the instructions I had to search out on the web, "just swipe down from the top of the screen" was the general instruction. Nothing about the upper row of icons! I do not know what I would do without you.
Mike

amydaveg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off the data sync in icloud and it works fine now. No wonder apple lost half it's value. They never had problems like this before.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Star girl, Johanna! Thanks again. Just couldn't figure it out from the instructions I had to search out on the web, "just swipe down from the top of the screen" was the general instruction. Nothing about the upper row of icons! I do not know what I would do without you. Mike
Get the answer from someone else? :)

In fact, you can swipe from almost everywhere on your screen, the gesture has to be a short move to the bottom of your screen.

You know I like to help, even more so when there's the possibility to help you.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I turned off the data sync in icloud and it works fine now. No wonder apple lost half it's value. They never had problems like this before.

You have that so wrong. This is major update and it is a reasonable suggestion to read the manuals which are available on line via the iBook store before you start complaining as most answers are there, in addition we are as a private forum providing constant updates to uses whom have issues In many cases a lot of problems are because the apple servers were and are still overloaded which affects an enormous amount of users. I don't care what platform you upgrade the operating system ie windows, iOS, android, apple when ever a major update occurs updating can be a slow process. In respect to the stock issue and in all fairness you need to clearly understand how the stock market works. You may have that knowledge and that's fine but you will in fact find it is now rising again. With a million iPhones being sold every day and millions downloading iOS 7 around the world please do not expect every thing to be smooth

amydaveg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From the new Apple, I would not expect it to be smooth
But thank you for your reply.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do not expect early iOS updates to be smooth. They never have been, ever. Not when Jobs was in charge and not now. Many people can look back and say, "but it went fine last time I did it." I'm among those. On the other hand I'm also among those that have been reading blogs and forums like this every year, and I know that many others have had problems, every year; problems with overloaded servers, problems with new glitches, problems with battery life, unexplained problems with crashes, etc.

That said, it's a bit more intense this year, but that's because iOS 7 is by far the most ambitious update since iOS was introduced (which had it's own list of problems).

It's also the fastest uptake of a new upgrade, ever. Which I have to admit is both understandable and wrongheaded at the same time. People got really excited about the new changes without really considering what a major change in the operating system implies. For every change you're going to like there is a change that you don't expect and may not like. And, of course, stability of a new OS is always an issue. The bigger a change the more problems are likely to crop up, not only within the OS but with backwards compatibly for apps.

Hold in mind I'm not blaming people for being upset that things aren't working the way they expected. Nor am I blaming Apple. It always takes a products release to find 'the rest' of the issues, and fine tune the UI. I doubt they expected the huge number of people that decided to upgrade on day one.

Though you would think they'd learn. Every year they prepare for a bigger launch than last year, but every year the new launch exceeds their estimate anyway.

In the end it's just the way it is with software, any software, and we can either learn from it or get upset.

And that said, I suppose the next time Microsoft blows an upgrade I'll have to try and be more understanding. :D

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That folks is a well thought out post. You might want to read it if you just glossed over it.

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could be as confident as twerppoet but I honestly can't. The thing is the iPad 3 is an underpowered device, it's CPU is too weak to handle all the scaling a retina display requires and iOS 7 has raised the bar a couple of notches.

I'm pretty sure that things will be better with incoming OS updates as well as app updates (I suspect some of the non-fully-iOS7-ready apps are responsible for the stuttering when it comes to app-switching) but still I seriously doubt it will be as smooth as before. I hope they prove me wrong.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have that so wrong. This is major update and it is a reasonable suggestion to read the manuals which are available on line via the iBook store before you start complaining as most answers are there, in addition we are as a private forum providing constant updates to uses whom have issues In many cases a lot of problems are because the apple servers were and are still overloaded which affects an enormous amount of users. I don't care what platform you upgrade the operating system ie windows, iOS, android, apple when ever a major update occurs updating can be a slow process. In respect to the stock issue and in all fairness you need to clearly understand how the stock market works. You may have that knowledge and that's fine but you will in fact find it is now rising again. With a million iPhones being sold every day and millions downloading iOS 7 around the world please do not expect every thing to be smooth

I have tried over a dozen times to get to itunes through ibooks and it times out (itunes is unavailable).

I don't think some of you realize how bad the lag is for some of us.

It takes about 15-45 seconds for safari to open and display any page. Typing this response is an exercise in patience.

I would really like to know what is causing this lag and severe battery drain so I can fix it and get back to enjoying this device.

ape07350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my experience with an IBM machine (windows) if there is an updated operating system I want to install I always went fresh, and never update, I were always led to believe that if your system had any bugs or errors in it It would be carried across to the updated operating system and in iOS 6 and 7 I suppose there isn't any difference, so what I am going to do as far as my iPad 4 is concerned is delete, or format it ( windows talk) and do a fresh install, hopefully this will help

ape07350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also no sure if it is a coincidence or not but when I got my iPad about 5 months ago I got a 4g version but could only use 3G in my area, but since installing ios7 I can now get 4g although the signal is only half strength where as before I got full strength with 3G, I have noticed an increased speed, anyone else in my area noticed, I am on the central coast naw Australia

Most reactions