iRing is a Finger-worn Device that Brings air Gesture Controls to iOS

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Jan 13, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0
    iring-ios-music-control-620x400.jpg

iRing is a finger-worn device that serves as a motion-tracking controller designed for iOS music apps and was first unveiled at CES 2014. By using the iRing, you will be able to control sound effects and other music parameters with hand gestures. At the moment, the device is only limited to music apps, but support for other categories will be added in the future.

The iRing is made from two “rings†that fit between a user’s fingers, with different patterns of dots that can be picked up by an iPhone or iPad’s front-facing camera. The software then monitors the location of each iRing and the size of the dots and then applies the data to certain apps letting the user manipulate the app with air gestures.

You will be able to purchase the iRing later this quarter for $25 per set of two rings. It will work only with the two free apps for music applications: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller, both released by the same company – IK Multimedia. What do you think of the device? Would you be interested in getting one?

Source: MacRumors, iPhoneforums

2. tlbaker

tlbaker iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    I'd loose the rings. Might've a little too techie for me lol.

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

3. s2mikey

s2mikey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +161 / 0
    Yeah, not sure how this fits into my daily routine.... :)