Ipad3 can't share multiple videos

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by play14me, Dec 10, 2012.

1. play14me

play14me iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, new to this forum. I have an ipad 3 and am having trouble sharing multiple videos on my camera roll. I can go to edit and select several videos and the check mark appears on the thumbnails, but when I press the share button all I get is a gray box attached to the share button. I can share a single video, just not multiple...the videos are about 1 min. Each so I don't see how it could be a file size issue.
    Thanks!
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,962 / 0
    This is a feature of the iPad. It can't (won't) send, via e-mail, videos that are more than about 5MB - which is about a minute. The file sizes are too large to send by e-mail.

If I may suggest - perhaps you might want to think of signing up for a cloud storage such as Dropbox. You can download a free app to interact with Dropbox. Then, you can upload the videos and share a link with your recipient. Much easier, IMHO.

Maybe worth a shot?

Marilyn
  3. play14me

play14me iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm confused? Page 59 of the ipad users guide for ios 6.0 states that multiple photos & videos can be shared. What do I not understand?
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,962 / 0
    it's not the number of videos that's the focus - it's the size. Most ISPs won't let you send videos via e-mail because of their size; they are too big.

That why it may be better to look at uploading the video to a file-sharing site or an online storage.

Marilyn