What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 won't turn on

Ctavar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was using my ipad2the other day and it just shut off. I tried charging it, pressing the 2buttons down at the same time, plugged it into my computer, and it just wont turn on. I really don't want to wait hours at the apple store. Does anybody have any other advice, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it needs an update. My computer crashes every time it has the opportunity to get an update, so I plug it in, update it, and it worked perfectly fine. I should have posted a YouTube video of the fun I had waiting for it to work. Anyways, iPads and computers are completely unrelated so you can just ignore everything I just said. You should try it, though.

-Samana

(Sorry for wasting your time) :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was using my ipad2the other day and it just shut off. I tried charging it, pressing the 2buttons down at the same time, plugged it into my computer, and it just wont turn on. I really don't want to wait hours at the apple store. Does anybody have any other advice, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

You may have had some kind of hardware failure, if so, a visit to the Apple store is warranted.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Plug it in and let it charge for an hour or so. If it still won't turn on, then, as SciFan says, An Apple Store visit is warranted. If you don't want to wait for hours, make a Genius Bar appointment in advance. You can either call, or make the appointment using the free Apple Store app (available in the App Store).

Most reactions

Latest posts