What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipad2 says charging but wont ever charge HELP ME

jaramillo83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad2 . I have never had any problems with it,, up until a few weeks ago.. My Husband was on the ipad and I had told him it had maybe 5 to 10 percent left before it was going to die. So he plugged it into the charger.. and he continued using it while plugged in. Maybe a hour to 2 hours passed and I seen him trying to turn it on and he was checking to make sure the plug was in the wall and in the ipad correctly.. He knows how much I love my ipad he was scared to tell me that the ipad was charging one minute then turned off and wont charge . So I checked the plugs and changed outlets and it started showing the battery signal with a little red in it and I figured it was charging but it was maybe to dead to go on. so I left it like that for more then 24 hours and when I checked on it the next day. It was the same but this time it was going from showing the apple icon to battery with a little red displayed on the screen. so I left it alone and on the next day, I seen it from the corner of my eye , turn on but turned off 1 second later. so I watched to see what it was doing. And it was going from Apple icon to turning on then off and repeating it over and over. I wouldn't let me do nothing when it was on.. I did notice that when it did turn on for that quick second I seen that the battery display on the top right concern said 1%.. now does anyone know what's going on?? I hear that it is something with charger base , then I hear that its the hardware, got fried.. SOMEONE PLEASE PUT SOME ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a ipad2 . I have never had any problems with it,, up until a few weeks ago.. My Husband was on the ipad and I had told him it had maybe 5 to 10 percent left before it was going to die. So he plugged it into the charger.. and he continued using it while plugged in. Maybe a hour to 2 hours passed and I seen him trying to turn it on and he was checking to make sure the plug was in the wall and in the ipad correctly.. He knows how much I love my ipad he was scared to tell me that the ipad was charging one minute then turned off and wont charge . So I checked the plugs and changed outlets and it started showing the battery signal with a little red in it and I figured it was charging but it was maybe to dead to go on. so I left it like that for more then 24 hours and when I checked on it the next day. It was the same but this time it was going from showing the apple icon to battery with a little red displayed on the screen. so I left it alone and on the next day, I seen it from the corner of my eye , turn on but turned off 1 second later. so I watched to see what it was doing. And it was going from Apple icon to turning on then off and repeating it over and over. I wouldn't let me do nothing when it was on.. I did notice that when it did turn on for that quick second I seen that the battery display on the top right concern said 1%.. now does anyone know what's going on?? I hear that it is something with charger base , then I hear that its the hardware, got fried.. SOMEONE PLEASE PUT SOME ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION.

It's possible that either your charger or the docking cable is defective. Your description certainly sounds like that of an iPad that is not charging. If you have another charger and cable, try them and see if the iPad charges. If it does, then either your original charger or the cable are defective.

BTW, I've deleted the other two posts you made which asked the same question. Duplicates posts fragment the conversation, making it hard to follow as well as being against the rules. Please, only one thread per question.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
try this with the iPad connected to the wall socket (you'll be doing a reset):

Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear. And remember to keep the iPad plugged in...

It sounds as if the iPad got "stuck" (because of the very low power). Hopefully, this reset will, well, reset it and allow it to resume charging normally. If all works, the Apple logo should stop flashing and the iPad should charge as normal.

Hopefully, this works. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts