1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad2 new info

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by shiregirl, Dec 12, 2010.

1. shiregirl

shiregirl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just watching MSNBC sun morning -- they just said new ipad coming out in feb'11 c/ lots of features, a "little" smaller, camera, ability to talk in real time, didnt get specific -- said with competitive tablets coming out, apple has to add features to keep up -- so what have all you hi tech folks found out today?
    thanks,
    julie
  2. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Interesting. Could be that would only be a change in bezel size...
  3. ifans

ifans iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's a good explanation! Well noted with thanks!
  4. newfmp3

newfmp3 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gotta love competition

Too bad it took competition for Applemto realize that they released a gimped product with not enough ram, no camera, and even their own phone has a better screen.
  5. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Not a lot of competition still. Apple is looking to enchant everyone with Facetime, so a camera in the iPad had to happen. Why the front facing camera is anyone's guess, as it is not gonig to have much use other than spying on people. The gyroscope is an easy add-on, but should have some great potential with apps. Thinner is what the Apple products are pushing to achieve, so whenever they can make it thinner, it will happen. All it means is going with a thinner, lighter piece of glass that may be stronger.
  6. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I really don't understand the want for a camera on the back of the iPad. Are you really gonna walk around pulling out your ipad to take a picture instead of your phone? IMO anyone holding a 10 inch iPad to take a 5 mpx picture is gonna look stupid... The front camera is a necessity I believe, but back camera I can live without, that's why I have a phone lol
  7. iPadster

iPadster iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree the front camera can be used for business video conferencing. If the iPad 2 is the same size as 1 the rear camera will be a joke to use. I really hope they don't downsize it as small as the galaxy tab because it is just too small to be useful.
  8. Walker

Walker iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, pointless having a camera on the back. Front facing for skype and video calling ect is a great idea. TBH I can live without a camera on the front or back
  9. Seadog

Seadog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    It seems that Apple is listening to some of the complaints. What was originally suspected to be a SD card port is now shown to be a larger speaker. The new iPad is going to have less bevel and a smaller bezel.
  10. Tasty

Tasty iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for sharing, but I will not be upgrading, I love the size of the iPad and have no need for a camera. If I need to take a picture that bad I will just use my iphone:D