What will be revealed?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by KiltedTim, Mar 11, 2010.

  1. KiltedTim

    KiltedTim iPad Fan

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2010
    Messages:
    115
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Cleveland, OH
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, get your predictions in now. What features will be revealed when pre-orders go live in roughly 11 hours 20 minutes that were not revealed during the iPad product announcement?

    What apps will be included that weren't shown? What hardware features, if any, will be revealed? Will any be left to be trickled out little by little between the start of pre-orders and the actual release date?

    The winner earns the title of All Seeing Psychic Wizard, to be held until the next great mystery arises.

    My predictions:

    Calculator, stocks, weather and clock apps will be included in forms enhanced specifically for the iPad. Calculator will offer a "paper tape" along one side, multiple memories and advanced statistical and scientific functions. Perfect for students and professionals.

    Weather will be enhanced with detailed forecasts and maps.

    Stocks will offer more detailed information, better charts and links to news stories about the selected companies. It will be populated by default with the standard DJIA and NASDAQ indexes and one stock... Apple, of course. They may throw Disney in there as well, since Steve is the largest single stockholder. I wouldn't blame him.

    Clock will offer a full world clock view, with real time sun/shadow map and multiple alarms.

    I'd give a 40% chance that we'll be surprised with a camera and iChat for video conferencing. 60% chance of iChat without the camera, but capable of running in background.

    20% chance that it will ship with an OS version higher than the 3.2 that was shown. 10% chance of OS 4.0 being revealed sometime between (and including) pre-order go live and launch day.
     
  2. ChileRick

    ChileRick iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2010
    Messages:
    66
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Palm Desert, Ca
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll go for some kinda MMS/IM capability, (maybe preloads ala pc ), like Skype.
     
  3. IpadOne

    IpadOne iPad Addict

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1,247
    Thanks Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Asia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Tim about the software version, i will give 45% chance as already long time for the current version and i don't see Apple selling a machine and 2 day's after a new firmware ... or (and it's why is say 45% ) they will wait the release of the 3G so made the small change or correct the bug the user of Wifi have found ....
     

Share This Page