What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Unexpectedly Shut Down

rmarcella56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad has just shut down completely - could it be uodating software? i can't get any response at all despite trying the on/off button. I'm not very technically savvy and was just on the internet and when I went to open up again nothing happened just a black screen.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I've moved your question to it's own thread. It is poor forum etiquette, not to mention against the rules, to interrupt another person's thread with an unrelated question of your own. It also disrupts the conversation for both members and makes it difficult for all to follow along. So, please keep your responses, updates and concerns about this topic here. Thanks.

With that said, please give us a bit more information about your problem. What version of iPad do you have and what iOS is it running?

Is it fully charged? If it has shut down because the battery has run out, it won't respond to any buttons for a time, even after plugging it in. Try it again after its been plugged in for a while.

When you held the button, did you hold the Sleep button for a while? When you are turning the iPad on after it's been off, you have to hold the Sleep button longer than you do when you are waking the iPad from sleep.

Hopefully, someone else will come along with more help. Do let us know if any of this helped...

Marilyn

OP
R

rmarcella56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies and thanks Marilyn - I found another thread with the answer of home plus power buttons and it worked.

This is a really helpful forum.

Rita

Most reactions

Latest posts