What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to shut down my Ipad 64 GB 3G

Killol Kamani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad slipped from my hand, however it did not fall down as I managed to get hold of it. Since then it is not normal. I have the following problems.

1. I am unable to switch it off.
2. If I try to shut it down it restarts automatically.
3. The white apple keeps appearing and disappearing from the screen if I try to forcibly shut it down.

Please help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to perform a 'hard reset'? Hold down the Power Key and the Home button until the iPad resets. Then restart as normal. This seems to 'cure' a number of the more persistent iPad problems.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Tim
Scotland

OP
K

Killol Kamani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the hard reset and now a white apple keeps appearing and disappearing from the black screen !!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Killol Kamani said:
The ipad did not drop or anything so how can the power switch get spoiled?

It could have rubbed somewhere when you say it slipped or you could have pressed it down with too much force...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still, letting the power wear down to zero once in a while is good for the battery. Be patient. You could help wear it down faster by letting video run with brightness set at maximum...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad did not drop or anything so how can the power switch get spoiled?

Other members have had similar problems (Apple symbol keeps appearing and disappearing) and it turned out to be a fully discharged battery. The solution was to put the iPad onto charge for a couple of hours and then try to restart it.

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had that flashing apple logo after water damage to my iPhone. Battery was dead. Controls confused.
Fortunately three days on a radiator has it working again....

Put it on charge and then do a complete shutdown restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts