iPad under $650: which should I buy?

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by veronica.p, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:15 PM.

1. veronica.p

veronica.p
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone! I'm begginig in music production using iPad, so I wonder what model under $650 you recommend, (between new and refurbished). That's because, here in Brazil, used ones are more expensive than new ones. So I am waiting for someone I know to come here from the USA.

Thank you a lot!

Regards : )

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Any of the newer models can handle most audio and music apps and task easily. However, if you can afford it, one of the Pro models with the USB-C port will give you more room to grow, especially when it comes to external hardare, storage, and connectivity.

That’s just a general observation. I don’t create music on my iPad, but I do like to keep an eye on the stuff you can do with one.

Note: The first couple of Pro models did not have USB-C ports.

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The first iPad Pro models had lightning ports that were USB-C compatible. They had 16 contacts vs the 8 contacts in a standard Lightning port and with a lightning to USB-C cable could connect to the USB-C ports on a newer Mac for faster data transfer as well as the 29w MacBook USB-C charger.
    reddit: the front page of the internet

#3 scifan57, Mar 27, 2020 at 1:18 AM
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 1:42 AM
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    True. But if you can afford it, it’s better to have the new standard USB-C port than having to deal with adaptors. In my oppinion anyway. Then again, I always prefere the best I can afford at the time. Lasts longer.

Nothing wrong with the new 10” iPads. I’d be pretty happy with one of them as well. There are also enough of them to keep third party manufacturere building lighting port (with USB-C compatibily) peripherals: weakening my standard USB-C argument, I suppose.

5. veronica.p

veronica.p
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you!