What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad sync with Windows

cabbage22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have PC running Microsoft XP and have trouble syncing music and photos. The IPad connects to the PC and has transferred contacts and apps. but Itunes hangs when I try music file or photo.
I have talked to help people at the genius bar and they have no answer.
Can anyone help?.

OP
C

cabbage22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have uninstalled Itunes and installed still no help.
When I restart my PC error message "syncservices.exe" has to close

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
syncservices.exe is a Seagate/Maxtor syncing program. If you're not using it to sync your hard drive, either disable it in msconfig, or uninstall it and see if that helps. May be conflicting with the iTunes sync.

OP
C

cabbage22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off the Maxtor External Harddrive and managed to synce one folder of photos only. How can I add more photo folders to my IPad without deleteing the ones already there.
Is there an App. to help organise and store photos?.
I will buy the attachment for transfering photos from my camera while on holidays but will they stay on the IPad?
I don't seem to have this trouble with Kindle or Ibooks.

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you tell the iPad to sync photos from a particular folder, then create subfolders of photos under that, each subfolder will show separately. For example: Photos folder/subfolders Vacations, Kids, Garden, Concerts, etc.

Transferred photos from your camera will stay on the iPad in a separate folder until you delete them. You can transfer them to your computer later by dragging and dropping from the iPad in XP's "My Computer" or by selecting them and emailing them to yourself.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts