What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with windows

Xav8rw8r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I bought an iPad 4 a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first Apple product. ( so I am a novice) I am a PC user, and would like to sync my new iPad with my Windows 7 desktop. Is this possible? I have noticed several different downloadable apps on YouTube, and I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these and how you would rate
them? If syncing is not an option is there a good app that will provide me the ability to use Microsoft Office? Thanks, Xav

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, I bought an iPad 4 a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first Apple product. ( so I am a novice) I am a PC user, and would like to sync my new iPad with my Windows 7 desktop. Is this possible? I have noticed several different downloadable apps on YouTube, and I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these and how you would rate
them? If syncing is not an option is there a good app that will provide me the ability to use Microsoft Office? Thanks, Xav

Hi & welcome to the forum! :) As already stated, iTunes is Apple's computer-base program (available for Windows machines), which permits libraries for your music, movies, etc.; allows transfer of music to your iDevice, can be used to 'burn' CDs, and has many other functions. You may also want to obtain the appropriate Apple manual from HERE for iOS 7 (if that is the version on your iPad 4).

MS Office is not available as an iOS app - sorry; however, there are other 'office suites' - iWork is Apple's offering and consists of Pages, Numbers, & Keynote, analogous to Word, Excel, & PowerPoint - these Apple apps can import files from MS Office, although some limitations may exist (e.g. fonts, formatting, complexity, etc.). Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts