What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stylus used for writing???

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good iPad stylus that is used for writing?? I ordered a pack of three from Amazon but they are only good to play games with. They have a rubber tip so it does not slide smoothly across the screen. I need one that will allow me to easily write legible notes on the iPad. Any suggestions would be great.

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pogo Sketch or the Dagi stylus are probably the best two options right now. both are quite different so you should do some research on them.

i got the dagi for drawing on the ipad but for me it doesn't really compare to drawing with pen and paper. maybe that will change with some practice..

Dieverdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody try the iFaraday styluses? They sound quite good and really made specifically for artists and for sketching (I assume writing would be easier with them as well). I'm very curious about them.

I saw a LOT of negative reviews of the Pogo stylus so I avoided it. The one I got has a rubber tip and I like it for most things but writing could be a bit easier. It's a little hard to tell where the tip is hitting since it's not pointy. I just love drawing with it though - would just love to have a little more control.

THEDUDE0781Q

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw the e.stylo stylus review over at youtube. Can't post the link yet.

On the official company website it says its for artists but the reviewer says it's really nice for handwriting too. Anyone here used it?

Dieverdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that

Thanks for letting us know. What about the Kuel stylus don't you like?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dieverdog said:
Thanks for letting us know. What about the Kuel stylus don't you like?

Well I read a really good review on it and purchased straight away, but the rubber nib is very thin and when you start to right or draw the nib squashes and the metal holder 'scratches' against the screen, no damage but I guess after it wears down there could be!

I'm waiting for the wacom bamboo looks really nice, my recommendation is the targus/boxwave it's really nice

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

drewrockshard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus

I just ordered the BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (sorry, I'm new and not allowed to post links .. ). I've read ALOT of reviews for stylus' and this one seems to be perfect, according to other reviewers - other than the price. From what I've seen the only reason these suckers are getting 5/5 ratings is the price, which is about $15 right now (normal price is $25).

I've seen ALOT of reviews in contrast to the Pogo Sketch, as many people are stating that the Pogo Sketch requires almost a "perpendicular" way of writing to get a good solid performance out of it - so very painful to write with if you are going to spend a lot of time writing on the ipad (notetaking, etc).

I should be receiving mine in the mail in a few days, so I'll post back my results.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like my Stylus-R-Us stylus. However, it takes a very light touch to work properly but once you've practiced a little while, it's great.

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered the BoxWave Capacitive iPad Stylus (sorry, I'm new and not allowed to post links .. ). I've read ALOT of reviews for stylus' and this one seems to be perfect, according to other reviewers - other than the price. From what I've seen the only reason these suckers are getting 5/5 ratings is the price, which is about $15 right now (normal price is $25).

I've seen ALOT of reviews in contrast to the Pogo Sketch, as many people are stating that the Pogo Sketch requires almost a "perpendicular" way of writing to get a good solid performance out of it - so very painful to write with if you are going to spend a lot of time writing on the ipad (notetaking, etc).

I should be receiving mine in the mail in a few days, so I'll post back my results.
I have this one and like it just fine. A little thick for writing, but would be afraid finer ones might wear out too soon. Here's the link.

Oltrelogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]As with the iphone and iPod Touch, the iPad's screen requires capacitive input, which is why a traditional plastic stylus won't work. The pogo pens have special tips that mimic the touch of a finger, but with considerably less surface area.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the boxwave and I like it. A little thick but i'm used to it already. Anyone get the bamboo one yet? That looks cool.

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered a couple of the stylus r us styli and I'm really hoping to like them, as they're frickin' expensive! But, like a prev. poster said, they're supposed to take a VERY light touch, so you don't have to press on the screen. I purchased telescoping styli because I've heard that it's much better to write on the iPad with a longer stylus, but I didn't want to carry a huge stick-like think around with me to class and risk it breaking or something....

I've heard the Wacom ones are very nice, a little on the short side but they feel like a real pen. I was going to buy it before I came across the stylus r us styli. Most everyone I've talked to has said to go with either the stylus r us, or a good sized RUBBER tipped stylus, as the sponge-like ones (like the Pogo) are difficult to write with and the spongey foam becomes distorted easily. Just what I've heard!

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone found a good app for taking notes using a stylus?

The ones I have tried are Jotter, epinotehd and jot it down.

The Pogo Stylus is good for drawing but as I cannot draw I have given it to my wife and I have a cheap rubber tipped one which works well for writing but I don't like the apps I have tried.

Most reactions

Latest posts