iPad Stylus used for writing???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Jazzephaye, Jul 9, 2010.

1. manitou

manitou
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have this one and like it just fine. A little thick for writing, but would be afraid finer ones might wear out too soon. Here's the link.

2. Oltrelogo

Oltrelogo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    [FONT=&quot]As with the iphone and iPod Touch, the iPad's screen requires capacitive input, which is why a traditional plastic stylus won't work. The pogo pens have special tips that mimic the touch of a finger, but with considerably less surface area.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

3. NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I have the boxwave and I like it. A little thick but i'm used to it already. Anyone get the bamboo one yet? That looks cool.

4. china_cat84

china_cat84
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just ordered a couple of the stylus r us styli and I'm really hoping to like them, as they're frickin' expensive! But, like a prev. poster said, they're supposed to take a VERY light touch, so you don't have to press on the screen. I purchased telescoping styli because I've heard that it's much better to write on the iPad with a longer stylus, but I didn't want to carry a huge stick-like think around with me to class and risk it breaking or something....

I've heard the Wacom ones are very nice, a little on the short side but they feel like a real pen. I was going to buy it before I came across the stylus r us styli. Most everyone I've talked to has said to go with either the stylus r us, or a good sized RUBBER tipped stylus, as the sponge-like ones (like the Pogo) are difficult to write with and the spongey foam becomes distorted easily. Just what I've heard!

5. miket5au

miket5au
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Anyone found a good app for taking notes using a stylus?

The ones I have tried are Jotter, epinotehd and jot it down.

The Pogo Stylus is good for drawing but as I cannot draw I have given it to my wife and I have a cheap rubber tipped one which works well for writing but I don't like the apps I have tried.

6. NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    For notes I use Penultimate and Noteshelf. love both of them and the box wave stylus works great. The other thing I like about the boxwave stylus is that the end inserts into the earplug hole so you can easily take it with you and not lose it.

7. THEDUDE0781Q

THEDUDE0781Q
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just ordered e.stylo through their website. haven't seen that many reviews yet except for some video ones. but they do have the best website of all the stylus vendors. I'll keep you guys posted.

8. isBjorn

isBjorn
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I made a pen myself already two years ago. It was absolute free:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9vrSShEIs]YouTube - ‪Make an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Stylus Pen‬‏[/ame]

9. mrogers07

mrogers07
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    We ordered a Boxwave and it's great...

10. LawPad2

LawPad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Notetaker HD with a Targus stylus works great for light note taking and PDF annotations.