What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus with palm rejection

maxmusterman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am using my Ipad for entertainment only, at the moment, mostly because I think it is highly uncomfortable writing on it with a stylus pen, since you have to hold you palm off the screen.

I would like to use it for note taking efficiently and therefore want to ask you, if you know of a stylus, like the cregle iPen, that offers palm rejection, but is more affordable. I also know of software solution, like a palm resting area in Notes+, but I would prefer a pen (and adapter) only option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Max

Mark1478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been searching far and wide for this answer as well. I want to be able to utilize my iPad for note taking. My prof uploads both PDF and PPT. But I can't seem to be able to write comfortably and quickly with the styluses out now. The wrist rejection is terrible on most programs.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Adonit Jot which I love but don't know of any stylus that has that option. I suspect it is more to do with the app. I have a number of apps with terrific wrist protection. Two that I think are quite excellent are Noteability and Noteshelf. I use for notetaking, working with PDFs, adding images, text plus handwriting. I've used both for a good while and have a number of other apps over the several years but consider these the best of what I've used. Wrist protection is an easy thing with both.

If you have't tried a Jot its extremely accurate and feels quite like using a ballpoint on paper. In fact, I prefer using it plus one of these apps to writing on paper.

IFood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You quite simply have the wrong device! IPAD is capacitive, and all pens are fairly micky mouse and require a bit of training to get you to write with, but some colleagues have adapted well, and now look like Timmy from south park whilst wrigint.
I would look at samsung or hp who both produce tablets with inductive and capacitive touchscreens at the same time. When the stylus (which is inductive) approaches the screen, the capacitive (which senses touch) turns off allowing you to write with your palm on the screen, and a sensitivity of 1,024 pressure points, it also shows where the landing zone of the pen will be with a small cross hair when the stylus is not in contact. Sorry it's a bit late, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Most reactions

Latest posts