What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad so slow.

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I type a reply to mail, the words do not happen as I type. I can hear the key clicks but it takes a few seconds for the text to appear. Although as I type this now it is normal.
Also when I read my mail it takes a while for the text to load on screen.
Is it possible that some where in the iPad something is filling up the memory and causing the slow down?

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you power down you iPad and restart it any open programs should close thereby freeing up memory.
Are you jailbroken? If so you can swipe the upper task bar and access processes to free memory.

Cheers, Dan

OP
F

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jail broken? Do I need to know of this, tell me more.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No you do not need to be jailbroken, there is a tweak (SBSettings) that will allow you to kill running apps if you are jailbroken, I think that's why they were asking. Also, just press your home button 2 times quickly. This should bring up a row of icons along the bottom of the screen. Press and hold on one of them until they start to wiggle, then press the hypen symbol inside the red circle and this will kill the app. Once you have done this to all the apps, press the home button to get out of the edit mode and then press the home button again to get rid of that bottom row. Now power down your ipad, wait about 30 seconds and then power it back up. This should refresh your memory.

OP
F

Flypoppa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did as suggested and closed the apps on the bottom of the screen. I switched off and waited 10 seconds or so but I could not switch on. The iPad was dead or so I thought.
I was going to attach to my PC but I first plugged in the charger and it came back to life.
It had me worried for a while.
It seems to have done the trick as the iPad now worked much faster.
Thanks people for your help.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you power it back on it will usually take a little while, not to worry :)

Most reactions

Latest posts