What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email not showing in the body

Gamalot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to check emails I get the list on the left showing all the new mail. I also get a brief portion of the message in that left column.

The email never loads into the body section on the right, that just remains a blank page with no text.

Is there a setting or some other function I have to do to get it to load on the right side so I can read it all?

If I hit reply to an email, the text does appear.

Trillian1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Gamalot, my email has also been doing this for the last few days, hope an answer is posted soon to solve this

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try this - that usually fixes a lot of "hinky" iPad behavior:

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If either, or both (!) of these don't work, holler back and we'll see if we can figure out something else. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
G

Gamalot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very kindly Marilyn. I did as you instructed and all is working as it should now and emails are in the main body as they should be. Too bad I have to go back into my settings and try to figure out all the different things I changed while trying to tackle this issue on my own. All I could think is that while my wife was playing around trying to learn functions that she might have changed a setting that caused the email issue.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great! Glad I could help. It's always nice to know that giving the iPad a good, swift kick in the ... software helps! :D

Thanks for the update - from both of youse.

Marilyn

fvl115

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,

I am a new user on the forum, and joined because I was facing this problem.

Thanks a lot, your solution worked (earlier I thought Ctrl+Alt+Del was a MS monopoly :)

OP
G

Gamalot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have to wonder if any one has a clue as to why this happens? Apparently, I am not alone and there does seem to be a few IPad lls that get hinky but why? All I know is it was working fine one day for me and when my wife tried to check her mail it was not showing. Thanks to this forum and knowledgable people like Marilyn we got the fix but this seems eriely like the same garbage that happens regularly with my MS based PC that caused me to turn to Apple/Mac

Reaction score
Hey! I just tried your advice and I am very pleased to inform you that everything is great and back to normal.
thank you so much for your help in solving this problem.

Most reactions